choke parts | FerrariChat

choke parts

Discussion in '206/246' started by mar3kl, Apr 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm in the middle of a side project to add various missing choke parts onto my carbs. Yes, I know the cold start mechanism is a poor design and should never actually be used, but I want to have it set up and working. I've got most of the parts I need, but I'm still missing the following and haven't been able to find any of them from the usual suspects. Part numbers from the DCNF exploded view:

one #4 (61280.056) choke control rod (connects the choke lever to the pivot that in turn connects with the other carbs) - I can try get one fabricated, but it's got an odd key on one end that makes it harder than just putting two bends in a piece of steel rod.

one #54 (47610.043) choke lever return spring - Superformance claims to have this, but all they provide is the throttle return spring which, while close, isn't quite the same size - bigger diameter and more windings.

If any of you have these parts laying around and are willing to part with them, please let me know.

Many thanks...

2. paulvv

paulvv Rookie

Feb 20, 2006
    Hello Mark,

Could you scan the page, and post? I can check in my collection of Weber doo-dads to see what I got...

Paul

3. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #3 mar3kl, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. jag312

jag312 Karting

Oct 22, 2015
    Minden, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Edward Peterson
    Have you tried Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy, California?

5. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes, no luck.

6. paulvv

paulvv Rookie

Feb 20, 2006
    #6 paulvv, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017