Wiper and Window Winder Refurbishment | FerrariChat

Wiper and Window Winder Refurbishment

Discussion in '206/246' started by alex955, Apr 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alex955

alex955 Rookie

Sep 13, 2007
    UK
    I'm looking for a reliable source to rebuild the windscreen wiper motor and wheelboxes, and the electrical side window motor assemblies. for my 1973 Dino 246GT
    Does anyone have any recommended sources, here in the UK?.

2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Reliable? The UK is the cottage industry queen of the world...

I have sent many items for all sorts of different brands and always with great results.

Whenever I am in the UK I die of envy about these locations, and I am certain you will

find what you are looking for. Dino is a different beast, and not the easiest, but here and

there, we have solved most our issues.

Try Superformance (UK), Dino.de(D)

Regards, Alberto

PS What are wheel boxes? The blower fans, or the sheetmetal squirrel diverters?

3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Superformance UK don't have much for the wiper system but Dino Parts in Germany do.

I don't know how well they are made or fit but any remanufactured part is going to be a compromise, some of their parts are [were] poor while others are OK. I understand the company in Germany has been taken over by someone else who appears to care about quality and customer care, the previous person lacked those skills.

Rebuilding is the best bet and its remarkable how robust the old system is, the gearbox (wheelbox) is equally strong as well.

A P.I.T.A to set up once completed though.