Recovering details | FerrariChat

Recovering details

Discussion in '206/246' started by cls, May 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am recovering my interior (1972 246 GT)
    My car came to me without the original interior pieces, so I don't have much to go by except pictures of other cars. Can someone confirm that the fiberglass pieces, including dash top, get a layer of foam before mouse hair?

2. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Want to bump this to see if anyone knows about padding the dash and / or other parts. Could someone squeeze their dash and check for foam?

3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    There is foam beneath the mousehair on the dash top. There is also foam on the inner door sills, on the screen pillars, door capping tops, the front and rear sections of the centre tunnel, behind the rear wall panel and the panel across the top of the rear wall, the trim panels that run from the screen pillars over the doors and into the rear buttresses.

4. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thank you. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

5. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can't seem to find a consensus on the dash pod. Over at Fast Cars, where they're restoring a 206, the pod has foam. In many pictures I find online, the pod looks like it has foam. On dinorestoration.com, it looks like Jon does not use foam on the pod.
    Is there a definitive answer about the instrument pod, and whether or not it's padded with foam?

6. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    There isn't any foam on the dash pod, just the dash top.