F50 dashboard covering material | FerrariChat

F50 dashboard covering material

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Red Sled, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Does anyone know what the grey dashboard covering is made from, and whether it can be sourced? The factory has none. I have seen a few which are close in appearance but not identical to the original. Thanks

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

Ask Henk HVL Class Leather® - Home he's a whizz at sourcing materials, he sourced the velour dashboard material for one of our 288 GTOs and it was a good match.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Henk would be my first choice but you might get in touch with Re Originals too.

4. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Joe, Brian - thank you both for the leads. Much appreciated. My dash covering becomes a slightly loose fit when cold but is taut as it should be when warm. Not sure whether it a common issue or whether age/sun related.

Thanks again for your help.

5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Orourke trimmers seem to be the go to guys in the UK for such things as well, especially with the family links to Mototechnique.

6. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Common issue with F50s as the material Ferrari SpA stretches over the years.

I would not replace the material if it is unblemished and retains good color, I would simply have an experienced upholsterer adjust it so the fitment is more taut.

This way its both perfect & original!

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I agree even if not 100%. In the end originality will be more important on a car of that stature.

8. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Good advice as always gents - thank you both. The material looks fine other than the stretching. So, I will have a go at getting it adjusted first. The material seems to stretch when cold. I was worried that adjusting it to be taut when cold would then put too much stress when it is hot.

Thanks again gents.

9. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    This is common. Virtually every F50 experiences this. I wouldn't worry about it.