Beautiful F50 sound | FerrariChat

Beautiful F50 sound

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Booker, May 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    [size=+2]Go to 7:40!![/size]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDYK6kVnlFI[/ame]

The video is a comparison of F50, F40 and Diablo

"The highlight of this clip is watching the supercars do a 400-meter (1,312-feet) sprint, which is just a few feet shy of a quarter mile. Even by modern standards, all three of these Italians are impressively quick. The Ferrari F50 is the leader of the bunch by covering the distance in just 11.109 seconds at 127 miles per hour (204.9 kilometers per hour). Despite being the oldest vehicle of the bunch, the F40 isn't much slower by making the run in 11.293 seconds at 127 mph (203.6 kph). The Lamborghini Diablo SV rounds things out by racing down the track in 12.139 seconds at 117 mph (187.5 kph)."

https://www.motor1.com/news/144995/ferrari-f40-f50-diablo-battle/

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's the MS racing exhaust.

3. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Got it. Thanks. I had wondered about that - fabulous sound indeed.

4. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    pre-youtube days of streetfire.

take me back to high school.

these videos were the jam.

5. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Beautiful!

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    £20K if you're wondering, either that or a J wolf are the only ones I'd consider if upgrading on an F50 :eek: ;)

7. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    No longer can be purchased I'm afraid. I checked with them and also at Kreissieg. They no longer have the tooling and jigs to make any more.

8. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I was thinking about an upgrade after the Classiche process has finished in a couple of months (stock exhaust required), but shame about the availability.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What about J wolff?
    PM your way (both of you)

10. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Full tubi exhaust is pretty insane too, I have a complete set if anyone is interested PM me.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #11 Bas, May 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Whilst better than stock, not at all comparable to the beautiful noise from the J wolf-MS racing systems (because of the 6-1 manifold), really as close as coming to an actual F1 noise on the road...Pet peeve of mine when people say ''oh it sounds like an F1 car'' when it's just loud, but a 6-1 exhaust equipped F50 actually does...:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Think whatever you want, quite honestly this is what annoys me most about the Ferrari crowd, seems like everyone is a "sound" expert. They all sound great and if you prefer one over then so be it.

13. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    I love the sound of the MS Racing and Kreissieg but they both told me that I needed to ship my car there for them to make one. So in the end I bought a full Tubi system. If there is a way to buy one in the future I would be game.

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks for the video, what an amazing car and great sound!

15. 355_guy

355_guy Karting

Dec 1, 2008
    Senna-loafers.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Everyone has their preferences, lets leave it at that.

17. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Good to know. Is the tubi a 6-1?

18. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    6-1 doesn't make power. It needs to be 6-2-1. That's what the Tubi is.

19. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Got it. Thanks Brian - enlightening as always.

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    6-1 makes the sound real F1 style sound. 6-2-1 does provide better low range but it's not as if there's no power so a bit misleading to state it doesn't make power.

599 GTO onwards V12 Ferrari all use 6-1 so can't be all bad.

Fabio who made the 550/575 Maranello 6-1 manifolds has power increase throughout the rev range, low-mid-top end.

21. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    quite honestly I don't know. they are a work of art, quite appropriate to fit to any F50 or even hang on a wall. visually they are a work of art. they are fully tuned equal length headers out of producution.

I always felt the F50 was fun but not what I expected power-wise. From talking with other owners (which is not easy since there are roughly *cough* 50 of us), its a shared belief. The F40 has zero low-end power but HUGE top end, whereas the F50 was kinda the opposite. The tubi headers (not just mufflers), fixes that, which gives it a more rounded performance feel. At the same time gave quite a bit more sound, cant say whether thats better or not, depends on your preference I suppose. Some like mechanical sounds (I do), some like just screaming noise at all expense, whatever, I get it. The youtubers seem to like screaming because thats what sounds best from a cell phone 100 feet away of someone else's car. If you're actually driving a _real car, well then I think the tubi is just about right from inside the car. hey, its just a preference. Its not like we all sit around at the end of the day drinking a bourbon and say, hey bob, your F50 doesn't even compare to mine...

sorry for the rant

22. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The headers in your picture certainly are not a 6 into 1. Look again.

As far as the GTO onward they are all 6 directly into a catalytic converter. The legislative demands of emission laws trumps any design preferences on the part of the manufacturer. With the lower demands still in place at the time of the Enzo and the 599 6 into 2 into 1 was still possible and so was used just as shown in your photo of the worlds best exhaust system.