Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari - Sponsored by Bradan

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

1) Tie. F40 / Enzo / 288 / LaF / F50

Old 06-17-2017, 07:30 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Barry K
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALZEUS View Post
You may not appreciate the humour, but the core arguments stand. Because something came first or is lighter, doesn't necessarily mean that it is better.
Please enlighten us. What exactly is your definition of better?
Old 06-18-2017, 09:01 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Objectively a car with better engineering numbers (not talking just about speed). Subjectively a car that does exactly what you want it to do, without hesitation or objection.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jon
Quote:
Objectively a car with better engineering numbers (not talking just about speed). Subjectively a car that does exactly what you want it to do, without hesitation or objection.
So design/heritage/nostalgia/sound/feeling mean nothing to you? You'll love the electric car era we are about to enter then. They'll meet your criteria perfectly. Each model will be objectively better and do exactly what you ask of them, in fact they'll do it for your better than you could do yourself.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-18-2017, 11:02 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Sound is also important (the 288 and the F40 fall way too short compared to their V12 successors); design though is totally subjective. Heritage is something to discuss at the Gents Club with a glass of fine sherry in one hand and the other stroking one's chin in a pretentious manner. Finally, feel is what I referred to, as in the car following your commands and doing exactly what you want it to do.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Sound is also important (the 288 and the F40 fall way too short compared to their V12 successors); design though is totally subjective. Heritage is something to discuss at the Gents Club with a glass of fine sherry in one hand and the other stroking one's chin in a pretentious manner. Finally, feel is what I referred to, as in the car following your commands and doing exactly what you want it to do.
Of course design is objective as is feel as is sound. Each person is entitled to their own interpretation of these things.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:31 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Stock sound on 288, F40 and F50 are not great. But with minor modifications they all sound amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 03:57 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe sackey View Post
Come to think of it, the GTO has a few important things going for it.

First
Rarest
Lightest
Most Beautiful
100% agree!
Old 06-19-2017, 06:07 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Barry K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
You'll love the electric car era we are about to enter then. They'll meet your criteria perfectly. Each model will be objectively better and do exactly what you ask of them, in fact they'll do it for your better than you could do yourself.
Exactly!

Quote:
In 30 years from now we will be saying the same things about the LaFerrari. Hopefully the internal combustion engine will still be alive and kicking!!! If not, I might like the oldies better by then, even though I would be too old to enjoy them anymore...
Based on your definition of better, why on earth do you want an antiquated internal combustion engine? Surely an instant response electric would be right up you street.

Doesn't sound like your own ideas are consistent.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: F
Rank.....

1) 288 GTO
2) F40
3) Enzo
4) La Ferrari
5) F50
Old 06-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Very appropriate article for this thread:

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...ampaign=buffer
Old 06-20-2017, 02:50 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Finally, feel is what I referred to, as in the car following your commands and doing exactly what you want it to do.
This is also rather dull and one dimensional when it comes to women. Better they have their own character which you can explore and create an entirely fresh dynamic - together.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-20-2017, 02:55 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Igor Ound
Enzo and F50 will always remain as the weird looking ones IMV
Old 06-20-2017, 03:19 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimCity3 View Post
This is also rather dull and one dimensional when it comes to women. Better they have their own character which you can explore and create an entirely fresh dynamic - together.
As long as they are not too capricious for one's safety mate.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
As long as they are not too capricious for one's safety mate.
To be fair, the most delightful and engaging are as capricious as a Ferrari
Old 06-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Ound View Post
Enzo and F50 will always remain as the weird looking ones IMV
Your definition of weird.....is er, weird
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 720_6778.jpg (68.9 KB, 88 views)
Old 06-20-2017, 11:17 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

And this is why I hate getting into converstations about subjective taste. BTW, I find all 5 super/hyper-cars amazing in the looks department. It's just that the newer ones are (to my eyes at least) more striking and gobsmacking.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
And this is why I hate getting into converstations about subjective taste. BTW, I find all 5 super/hyper-cars amazing in the looks department. It's just that the newer ones are (to my eyes at least) more striking and gobsmacking.
Why would you hate a conversation that can't by definition have someone be right or wrong? Those are more fun to me.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Beau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
Why would you hate a conversation that can't by definition have someone be right or wrong? Those are more fun to me.
+1
"Hate" is an extreme emotion for a discussion about inanimate objects that sit on rubber tyres.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Ricardo
Like them all, however, for the sake of the thread I'll rank them also:

1- GTO > because its the car that made me love cars and Ferrari. I remember a beautiful movie from the 80s where a GTO was against an TR (I wonder if someone here has a link to that movie). GTO mirrors, 4 low projectors. Love it by then, love it today.

2- F40 > is a beast. In the metal is amazing, low and small, yet so well balanced. Insane engine. From all Ferrari Halo cars, this is the one I would like to drive the most. Maybe one day I'll have the chance.

3 - F50 > for someone who started learning engineering in the 90s, the F50 was the pinnacle. Engine, carbon, suspension. Its an work of art.

4 - LaFerrari - V12+Hybrid, welcome to the new trend where the ICU loses its lead. Live, the LaF is as beautiful as on pictures and sounds incredible.

5 - Enzo > for me, the Enzo is something in between. It isn't a display of contemporary tech (such as the LaF) and isn't analogue as the ones above.

I believe we are in a pivotal moment where the speed of technology is so fast that things get obsolete in a very fast rate. I wonder if in 20/30 years from now we will look to the LaF as we look today to the GTO or F40. I believe it won't be so disruptive and striking as those cars were when they were launched.

Last edited by Makuono; 06-20-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Non-Sponsor Ads