Hopeful LaFerrari Aperta Owners Given A Second Chance (Model) | FerrariChat

Hopeful LaFerrari Aperta Owners Given A Second Chance (Model)

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Booker, Jul 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    That is, for Amalgam Collection's ultra high-end 1:8 model...

Amalgam originally only limited it's models to those that actually own the car, but will now sell a model to anyone, so those that were left dissapointed in not getting the aperta can at least own a perfect model of one.

A special one off model is to be auctioned off soon

Also, a one of a kind "Schumacher Collection" 5 piece artwork set is to be sold at the same auction, all proceeds going to Michael's 'keep fighting' initiative

https://www.motor1.com/news/148467/ferrari-laferrari-aperta-amalgam/

2. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #2 TG, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    $200k for what exactly? 5 art pieces from a Schumacher collection?

4. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    if the aperta acutally looks like one in the picture shown, i would have liked it a lot more.

5. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Amalgam have lost their way. They have doubled prices, quality has dropped dramatically (my last three have either needed sending back or have required a technician to be sent out to fix them).

When I asked for an explanation as to the massive price increase, I was told that they needed bigger profits. To that, I pointed out that to make money, they needed to sell first and that between my group of friends there were some 30 orders that had been not made, The reply was...silence....

Since Mike Zoi (Ferrari customer) bought some or all of the company, much has changed.

I have taken this up with the licensing department of Ferrari, but in any event, I am done with Amalgam unless they get back to reality.

Let's not forget that these models are made in China....

So be warned

6. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    so would you say that bbr is actually higher in quality compared to amalgam these days? or it is also made in china? :)

7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    And by the way Peter, the models are not actualy 'hand made' but 3d printed and someone just 'put' together the pieces. There are some excellent scratch built modelers that are amazing out there.

8. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    I’m really sorry to hear how unhappy you are with the increased price for a bespoke Aperta. We’ll certainly do everything we possibly can to restore your love of Amalgam which was so clearly in evidence not very long ago. For sure I am always available any time you want to talk about things.

In response to the points you raised:

The consequence of their refined detail is that our models are fragile, sometimes arrive damaged in spite of our best efforts, and so when the inevitable happens from time to time we are ready to respond quickly to either return the model for repair, or make an on-site repair visit.

We truly have an extreme, passionate and probably irrational commitment to technical excellence and artistry. I believe, and the vast majority of customer feedback tells me it is true, that the depth of detail and the quality of our models has risen steadily and consistently over the years and is now at an all-time high. Constant improvement inevitably increases costs and man-hours, with a consequent increase in price from time to time. The new price for the LaFerrari Aperta simply reflects a necessity for us to make a fair and reasonable profit on these hyper detailed bespoke models.

The ownership of the company has indeed changed and Amalgam Collection is now part of the hugely respected Motorsport Network that includes many of the most familiar and important names in motorsport journalism and media. This change of ownership has only enhanced our adherence to the values and aspirations we hold dear.

Along with our UK workshop many of our models are still built at a superb operation in China doing some of the most skilled and refined model-making in the world under the creative and technical direction of a British, French and German team. In addition our growing team in Hungary is building an increasing number of models including the LaFerrari Aperta.

Hoping we can restore normal communications, looking forward to our call!

Sandy Copeman - Amalgam Founder and Director

9. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Sandy,

You know full well how much I have supported your company over the years, but the points I raise as to why prices have doubled and as to why a great many ferrari collectors (including me) are looking elsewhere, were made in writing to me by you.
    AT NO TIME did you consider a phone call worth making.

I have taken up the issue and General client dissatisfaction with the person responsible for licensing at Ferrari, and I was not surprised to learn that I was not the first to make such comments...

As to the damage in packing, yes that is one issue. However, as you well know there have been a number of errors made, bits that fell off after delivery etc. This has been on recent models.
    Your quality is not what it used to be and now neither are your prices.

We are a group of collectors with a large order book and the one thing we all agree upon is that we are not foolish enough to be taken advantage of in the manner that you have chosen to do so.

I hope that Amalgam will return to its senses and focus on quality rather than profits. Remember that quality brings you profits, lack of it and absurd price hikes will ultimately loose you customers. A simple rule that seems to have been cast to the wayside.