Birdman Strikes Again | FerrariChat

Birdman Strikes Again

Discussion in '308/328' started by onboost, Jul 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    Just wanted to drop public kudos on the Birdman for a simple and well designed product!

Ordered-up one of his replacement fuse boxes for my 85 QV a couple of weeks ago. Just got around to installing it this past Saturday. It was a simple and straight forward replacement except for a couple of "jump" wires which ahd been rigged by a shop or previous owner...completed in less that an hour!

First thing I noticed was that the car started quicker, second thing I noticed was that the drivers side cooling fan which had stopped working was now fucnctioning once again. Headlights and instrument lights were both a bit brighter (although the instrument lights had been previously upgraded), windows although still slow, now move without any help.

Like many others here have said..if you have not done this upgrade, you need to! It's the best $100 I've spent on the car!

Now that I have a "real" fusebox in place I will upgrade my headlights..thanks in advance to Mike Charness for info provided on that task.

Bridman..keep up the good work!

Paul

2. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Thanks Paul, I appreciate the time you took to report your success! The OEM fuseblocks are so crappy, it's hard NOT to improve upon them!

Like I have said many times before, the most important improvement is the one you will never experience...Birdman fuseblocks won't develop resistance, heat up, melt and then leave you stranded. OEM fuseblocks are known for melting on the fan circuit, leaving you without cooling fans on your radiator. They are also known to flake out in the fuel pump circuit, leaving you with a dead car that won't start. Mine will not do that.

Birdman

3. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I really need to do this. I bought his fuseblocks over almost a year ago and they're still sitting in the box in my garage.