Gt4 boot drainage holes | FerrariChat

Gt4 boot drainage holes

Discussion in '308/328' started by snowsports1, Nov 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snowsports1

snowsports1 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2013
    UK
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hi what's the done thing with drainage holes in the boot buckets? There appears to be two holes per side on my gt4 to let water out, one is filled in. Shall I open them both up? What's original and what's the best for corrosion protection??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. WazzaT

WazzaT Karting

Oct 27, 2012
    australia
    Full Name:
    wazza t
    G'day Brian,
    If you're still there. I bought my car new in 75. It had two strange plastic plugs in the drain holes. I had a big leak from the gutter above the boot near the boot hinges which they fixed after a lot of complaining from me. Funny story, near Christmas I had bought a rubber dinghy and a paddle for the kids. The mechanic saw this in the boot and said "I knew you had a leak but I never knew it was THAT bad!'

I would stop any leaks and leave the plugs in.

3. snowsports1

snowsports1 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2013
    UK
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Ok thanks wazza tarred the plugs the same as the ones on the boot lid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. WazzaT

WazzaT Karting

Oct 27, 2012
    australia
    Full Name:
    wazza t
    Just had a look and can't see any in the lid. Can't see any in the boot wells either. They must have removed them in the 10 year restoration I did. Boot no longer leaks (and I don't go out in the rain) so it's ok.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Some of the radio antennas (on the 308GTB) have a drain tube that goes out that side's lower area...

I agree that you really should find the source of the water, and plug them up.