New fuel lines, hoses in general | FerrariChat

New fuel lines, hoses in general

Discussion in '308/328' started by 911greg, Mar 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 911greg

911greg Rookie

Apr 1, 2015
    Anyone have a comprehensive list of the fuel line sizes, coolest hose sizes, have advice on other hoses that should be replaced? is there a source of where to buy a complete kit? Doing the timing belts etc and this car has not been on the road in years and its time to do those while in there. Catching on fire would suck.
    Thanks.

2. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    It's in the DIY thread stuck at the top of the 308 section. One of the hose threads has every size and length for every hose you need.

3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I got a kit for my Mondial 3.2 from Dave Helms, made the replacement process much more efficient for me. Also then got his coolant line kit as well. Very good quality kits, proper or upgraded hoses and new clamps included. Was a few years ago but I think he remains a great supplier for these items.

4. 911greg

911greg Rookie

Apr 1, 2015
    Great leads guys. Thanks. I sent that list mentioned above to italiancarparts.com and see what they come up with. I will look up Dave Helms? and see what he has. Thanks.

5. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Are you wanting to keep everything stock, or up grade?

6. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Get the plastic FI lines from Verell and the hoses from Dave Helms.

All pre-cut and pre-packaged.

Excellent Kits from both.

These guys both made hard jobs E-A-S-Y. :)

7. 911greg

911greg Rookie

Apr 1, 2015
    Still looking for the long cross over rubber and steel lines that run between both fuel tanks up against the fire wall. Also the hoses that run under throttle body. Dave Helms doesn't have those hoses. Any help would be appreciated. Time to get this car on the road.
    Thanks.

8. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    The fuel tank line is a breather hose. I think 5/16 will work and you can get it at a local parts supplier. You will need to do all the breathers. Bunch of little ones up under the RR tire going to an overflow canister (at least on the early 308's). PITA those are!

9. offtheworkigo

offtheworkigo Karting

Feb 23, 2016
    Rockwall
    Full Name:
    Dave Hoffer
    I'm a original look kinda guy. I like cars that are as close as possible to the way the car came from the factory. Yes sometimes a few upgrades are necessary. Especially some upgrades that you don't see. A lot of lookers can't tell the upgrades unless they really known the cars. Drew from Russo and Steel told me years ago everybody likes to look at all the cars, but the ones that stand out, hold there valve, continue to rise in valve are the ones very well done brought to life looking the way they left the factory. You can do whatever you like it you car. Just my thoughts. If you are looking for the nylon looking hoses, Hosefast in Garland,Tx sells them by the foot. Its the closest I have found. 972-271-8591

10. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    To look up Dave Helms, google "Scuderia Rampante". Very nice folks.

11. 911greg

911greg Rookie

Apr 1, 2015
    Talked to him. They don't have all the hoses. Thanks for the suggestion.
    As far as perfection and original, kinda gave up on that. Its had a respray, and just want it driving.

12. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Gt car parts has factory looking braided hoses.