Dollar to Pound Exchange rate... | FerrariChat

Dollar to Pound Exchange rate...

Discussion in '308/328' started by 455Fosbery, Jun 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 455Fosbery

455Fosbery Karting

Oct 3, 2013
    In case anyone has not noticed, the so-called "Brexit" vote results sent the British Pound into a tailspin...

For those contemplating parts from the UK, now would likely be a very good time to buy them (assuming that you do not live in the UK!).

2. carnut66

carnut66 Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    Tri-state
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    Scarcely a "tail-spin".
    $1.42 two weeks ago and now $1.35.
    Wouldn't even pay the postage.

3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony

4. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    455Fosbery, love your 'handle' and can only assume it comes from the classic Webley revolver.

5. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Now $1.37, so it's made up most of the immediate knee-jerk profiteering by the markets. In fact, the U.K. markets faired better than most of the major stock markets around the world.

The U.K. Will be in a much better position to trade globally without the arbitrary constraints of unelected EU policy makers.

Paul

6. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Never hurts to save a $ Buck. :)

7. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    I'm now beginning to wonder if the referendum will actually stick. Various efforts afoot to: refuse to act on it; hold a second referendum; let the Scots block it, etc.

8. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    Let's please avoid any political discussion in this forum to preserve its calm and friendly nature (any visitor to F1 or P&R forums will know what I mean).

I regularly buy my parts in the UK from Maranello Concessionaires and ship them to NY. Even at $1.50 to the pound (as its been for a couple of years) and including shipping they are often cheaper than sellers over here for the little yellow boxes. Shipping is cheap and I normally get the parts with 24 hours from payment which never fails to astound me - the courier must think I'm a gushing imbecile every time I sign for the parts! A happy coincidence of time zones, them being near Heathrow, the courier here being at Newark and my house is with same day range of their depot. I have had nothing but great customer service from them. They are the global wholesaler for all official 308 parts so even if you order it from someone else and it's an official part, it's been bought from Maranello Concessionaires. They once sold me a new yellow-labeled, euro front bumper for $180! Shipping was $109, next day and they included a load of free merchandise in the gigantic box. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

I've ordered from Superformance as well but would rank them as just ok. Their advantage is they sell some alternatives to NLA parts that official parts sellers cannot. However, their communication is pretty terrible and their shipping seems to be much more expensive (compared to Maranello's). I ordered a couple of bearings sets recently and the shipping was $60 or $70.

Regards
    David

9. 455Fosbery

455Fosbery Karting

Oct 3, 2013
  10. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    The lb is still dropping. Now down to 1.30. I am putting together my brexit Superformance order and thinking about a couple big items I cannot get from a us supplier:

Oil Baffle
    Quick Ratio Rack & Pinion
    Firm poly bushings
    2v belt guard plate

anything else I should be looking for?