How many of you have the original dealership logo sticker on the rear window? | FerrariChat

How many of you have the original dealership logo sticker on the rear window?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Rosey, Sep 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Hey guys,

Just thinking how many of your cars still have the original selling dealership logo sticker (usually have the dealers name, logo, etc) still on the rear window when the car was delivered brand new?

Quite cool to have I think.

2. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    I have it on my Mondial 3.2 (Italian delivery , Samocar) but lost it on my 308 GT4 (german delivery , Auto Becker) during the complete restoration (new rear window) and also don't have it on my 208 turbo GTB (italian delivery).

If anyone has that sticker of Auto Becker or of any italian delivery for sale ... please PM me

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #3 Albert-LP, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Rafael L. likes this.
  4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #4 Rosey, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    That's very cool indeed Alberto!! Would love to have a collection of as many photos of original dealership rear window stickers. I'll post a few myself tomorrow...

5. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    I do hollywood sports car.

6. PaulAlex

PaulAlex Rookie

Aug 30, 2016
    I don't have one currently but was considering getting a period replica made for Maranello Concessionaires. Has anyone done this before?

7. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG

If I remember correctly that's where my car was sold initially too.

PDG

8. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #8 2281GT, Sep 21, 2016
    Rafael L. likes this.
  9. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    #9 andyww, Sep 21, 2016
    Rafael L. likes this.
  10. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    The other detail would be logo and dealer name at the bottom of the number plates, at least on UK cars. Unfortunately dont have these.

All UK cars would have had Maranello Concessionaires or Sales originally. Not sure when "Sales" started to be used instead of "Concessionaires".

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Unfortunately, that Pozzi sticker is not an original...true originals can fetch really absurd prices today. Unless you get lucky and find one "under the radar"...

Rgds

12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have the plastic FAF tag frame on my car. I don't think that they used window stickers but I could be wrong

13. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    It seems like the USA equivalent of the dealer window sticker is the license plate frame.

I have a metal "Ferrari Monterey" frame for my car from the now defunct Ferrari of Monterey dealership which is where my car was purchased.

(What does "FAF" mean?)

14. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    I know they are not original but reprints, Bruno, but "better than nothing"

My Credo: "only original is original" ;)

15. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My car was from Griswold Co., Berkeley CA. I could be wrong, but I don't think he obscured the precious rear view with these things :)

16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    "Factory Authorized Ferrari" in Atlanta. It's FOA now.

FAF used to be somewhat of a mystery and I grew up thinking it was "FIAT Alfa Ferrari", but I found a brochure from them just a few months ago in my stack of Ferrari stuff that said it stood for "Factory Authorized Ferrari"

Mystery solved.

17. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'd like a plate frame from Foreign Cars Italia

18. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I too have the plastic FAF tag frame but mine is on my truck.

19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes, of course...but that one does not even respect the original design, having two black surrounding lines that should not be there. Also, and trying to stay brief, not to annoy our american friends, the french numbering for phone numbers changed twice during the time-span for the first carbed 308 to the last 328, and so did the numbering for these phone numbers on the "Pozzi" stickers, with a slight delay in time...ask me how I know, he?
    A true original, unused one is really the "holy graal". Some of us french "Ferraristi" have spent a lot of time helping people to produce accurate reproductions..
    Rgds

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    a repro is a repro: an expert will tell you it's not original, but it looks nice on a vintage car.

ciao

21. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #21 nerofer, Sep 21, 2016
    I have quite a number of originals, most of the wrong design, and accurate copies; the glue being on the printed side (they were glued from inside the cabin) they appear reversed. Here is a small sampling...
    Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    My gt4 has a sticker for Huddersfield Garages Ltd (in the UK) - who were the original dealer who sold it.

I wrote to them once for history, but even 30 years ago they had none.

23. MarcH

MarcH Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2010
    Hoeksche Waard
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #23 MarcH, Sep 21, 2016
    There is a Crepaldi stamp on my warranty card but the 2000 km coupon has a Sportcar stamp. The rear window has a Sportcar sticker. Maybe there was a Crepaldi sticker for a short period, maybe not. The company Sportcar still exists.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    But I believe Maranello Concessionaires were the sole importers at that time? It must have come from them originally?

25. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Interesting

The first QV I ever saw (but was expecting from reading R&T and C&D) was in the 1983 edition of R&T Sports and Exotics or at least I think that was the name. I still have the one I bought new when I was 15.

It had an article on one in Europe and in one of the pictures you could see one of those Pozzi stickers in the rear window. I have always wondered what that was or what it meant. I figured it was the dealer but I had never seen a car with a dealer sticker in the rear window before like that. Here in the US, dealers just stick them on the trunk or some other place on the back of the car. Sometimes they were not even stickers. I had a 68 Chevy Impala with a metal "Ed Mollison Chevrolet" emblem screwed into the edge of the trunk lid :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just learned something new here. I just bought one of those Pozzi window stickers on Ebay. I don't care if it's a reprint fake, I just think it's cool to have that thing I have been wondering about in that magazine for the past 33 years.