Group Buy 328 DCNF Manifolds | FerrariChat

Group Buy 328 DCNF Manifolds

Discussion in '308/328' started by smg2, Feb 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    #1 smg2, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There has been call over the yrs for carb manifolds for the QV's & 328's. It's been a long time in the making and we have a foundry on hand that is willing to cast these. Here's the catch though, to make this feasible we need to run a min of 10 units, that would be enough to outfit 5 engines.

For those interested please let us know, preferably in this thread so that we can keep track of numbers. If at least 5 are interested and willing to pre-order then this will be a go.

I've included some quick rendering pics, a section cut to show the transition.

Pricing is $1995 for the set.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    First of all, hats off to you guys; looks like a work of art. May be a silly question, but I've heard you advising people who want more power out of their engines that fuel injection is the way to go. Would DCNF 40s be able to supply adequate fuel to a 328 motor if you just bolted them on?

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I have the Weber factory carb manual: the DCNF 40 mm is correct up to 400 cm3 of specific displacement and up to 7000 RPM. So it fits the 328 needs with a good mid low torque too. The 44 mm is a bit too big: it's good for top end power but it doesn't guarantee the mid low range correct working.

ciao

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow this is sure something to think about since I have four 42 DCNF laying around that I was going to use for my Lancia Scorpion/MonteCarlo.

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Rendering, Scott? Looks killer :)

6. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    yeah a quick render in SW. Thanks.

7. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    Ideally yes programmable EFI would be the most efficient way to get more power. This is in response to requests over the yrs for a DCNF manifold for the QV's and 328's. Over a decade or more ago Frank Capo had mfg adapter manifolds to do just this, unfortunately they lost the molds and were never mfg again. At the moment Nick was able to find a foundry able and willing to do a small run, if it works out then more will be made, if not... then on the shelf it goes.

8. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Presumably these would work with something like Jenvey throttle bodies as well?

9. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    If they share the DCNF base mount then yes.

10. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Scott, If you add bosses for throttle shaft bearings and injectors, you could sell to both DCNF people and injection people (machine the bosses and throats and charge a bit more for the injection version.) Just a suggestion :)

11. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK