Video: Hagerty guy enjoys his new GTS | FerrariChat

Video: Hagerty guy enjoys his new GTS

Discussion in '308/328' started by vaccarella, Feb 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Enjoyed that very much! :)

3. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    nice shift...from 3rd to 5th

at 2.25 min

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    He did a 1st-3rd at the beginning too. :) Nice looking car.

5. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Interesting video, thanks. It was posted just over 1 year ago, and it's fun to note that in the comments, our Dr. Tommy was right there to point out that there's no question or mystery, his tail lights are currently installed "inside out"! :D

6. Adelphia

Adelphia Rookie

Dec 17, 2015
    Bedford, NY
    I always shift 1st-3rd until the gearbox is fully warmed up. Doesn't everyone?

7. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for sharing that. And I agree with everything he says about the car :)

8. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    #9 Brian A, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    That shift struck me as weird. He skipped an opportunity for a bit of engine noise!

I do the 1 to 3 shift when the gearbox is cold just because other people have told me to do it. I might do a 3 to 5 shift if I've accelerated and immediately become caught behind slow traffic. Not on open road though!

9. Brad308QV

Brad308QV Rookie

Jan 2, 2010
    Salisbury, MD
    Full Name:
    Brad Phillips
    I didn't realize this had been "reposted" until last week. I just got back from a big road trip in it from Maryland to the Amelia Island Concours and back, and I've put almost 10,000 real miles on this car since I bought it in Dec 2015- including cross country from AZ through CO to MD, down to FL, up to Michigan for the Concours of America at St. John's, down to SC for the Euro Auto Festival, and a lot of other points in between. I flat out love this car, and am making it my mission to drive it everywhere, damn the miles. It has done really well in this time, only needing the radiator rebuilt (simple recore, and replaced all the rubber hoses at the same time), an AC line clean out and recharge (works great, but I do have a bearing noise on the compressor that will likely get worse), and a couple of other doo-dads like a clutch adjustment and a few oil changes (using Brad Penn 20/50 out of habit). It was fully serviced with belts and tensioners in Oct 2015, but at this rate I'll need 'em again! As for the skipping shifts in the video, I was just sort of putzing around in the car at the time, just getting used to the first 308 I'd ever driven, much less owned. When I drive it like I mean it, I use all of 'em just fine. Car still has all it's CA emissions stuff in place and everything operates as it should. It's just dirty. Really dirty. I've gotten to know some of the other folks in the Mid-Atlantic Region of FCA, and through my job I've been able to meet other members all over the country that have given me great advice and friendship. My lasting impression of this car is always that it feels more exotic than it should for the money, and certainly is rewarding to own on every level. Couldn't be happier.