Leads on 308 GT4 appreciated | FerrariChat

Leads on 308 GT4 appreciated

Discussion in '308/328' started by xpensivewino, Feb 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Looking for a clean 308 GT4. Keep me posted if you know of one or may be selling one. 75 and earlier a plus. Thanks

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    check the for sale section. striclyferrari or one of his customers has one of the best for sale

3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Colors? Condition? Price range?

4. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    Gullwing has a bunch of them ... but all overpriced. The pricing on these got exuberant and many sellers added another 20% to already optimistic prices ... you can buy a clean one for $35 if the seller is serious.

5. antoninosavoca

antoninosavoca Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2011
    Montesilvano Italy
    Full Name:
    antonino savoca
    Hi Russ ,
    i think you are very optimistic.
    For usd 35K i think is very difficult to find a very good condition GT 4. The original and perfect condition cars are more and more expensive.

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    For sure

7. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Colors, I'm open to. Blues seem to look very nice on this car, or burgundy types. Price range, will also help dictate condition. I'd like to be in the $50k range, and I feel that is healthy given this model. I see some very high asks, but I don't see any really trading hands at those prices.

8. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car
    #9 Strictly Ferrari, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We have the best selection of EURO 308 Gt4's in the country !

From bare metal build to your own specs to Platinum winning cars

stop in and see for your self
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Luis A.

Luis A. Karting

Jul 14, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sorry to slightly hijack but how does one get a hold of "Strictly Ferrari"? Tried PM weeks ago and received no reply. Website, contact info? Thanks in advance.

10. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
  11. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    I am in Modesto with a very original 1975. New suspension, gearbox work and engine work. Original interior and paint. Please PM if interested.

12. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car

Here is our number 239.302.5400

Remember we only have the the Original design that is a Euro car NO DOT USA spec cars there

is a Big difference in all aspects Looks,Price and most of all Performance

13. jimgolf1

jimgolf1 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2013
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim Small
    I'm curious to see what you find in the $50k range. As far as condition and originality. I know I wouldn't sell mine in that range but I might be tempted to pick up another one too, especially if it was blue. I honestly didn't think they would come back down to even the levels they are at right now so I do thinks it's a good time to try and buy one.

14. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis

I've had a lot of nice cars sent my way, but most people feel like you and asking 60-75K. The problem is I just don't see any cars selling at that price. There are quite a few sitting in the 40-50k range, so it doesn't give me much confidence to pay $70k for one. As a buyer of course I see it one way, and the seller will see it the other. I think $50k is a fair budget for one of these cars well sorted. The problem with these cars is restoration cost far exceed the current market value.

15. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    I have a red 1975 that I am willing to sell. I bought it 2 years ago from a retired Dentist in Los Angeles, but don't have the time to properly restore it. It lived in CA all its life until I bought it. The car is currently in storage at Europa Macchina (resto shop) located near Harrisburg, PA. Feel free to PM me for more info.

16. kaliforniakid

kaliforniakid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    sf bay area
    Full Name:
    erik
    I think you are totally looking at this wrong. Cars sitting at 35k-50k will need work but you get what you pay for. You want a well sorted one, that would mean that you want a car that is in a very good driver quality. People who bought a 30-40k car and brought it up to a really good driver are in it for 60-70k+ . Some paid way less a long time ago but did a good job maintining over the years so yeah it's worth 60k-70k.

Sure you like everyone would like to buy a 70k car for 50k. There isn't a reason anyone would do you a favor unless we are in desperate times, but then everything is down.

You can get yourself a 25-30k gt4 and put all the work into it until you are up to 50k and stop. You would have a 50k car correct to your budget. Most people will not sell a ferrari of this vintage at a heavy loss because they 'restored it', most don't need to.

You only reference the few 6-7 cars on the market that sit, but there are far more that get traded unknown to most of us at correct value.

Restored means concourse winner like Al's- those are priced right, and will keep value.

17. kaliforniakid

kaliforniakid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    sf bay area
    Full Name:
    erik
    Are you serious - if you negotiate a great, clean, maintained, well sorted gt4 to that price I'll give you 10k finders fee on top the 35k.

18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes as owners we recently have had rays of light shine on our gt4. We should keep the prices up as sellers. These cars were 24k in the 70s. This car evolved into every mid engine Ferrari we see today. Respect your elders!

19. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The cars sitting on the market in that range are sitting for a reason. If they were good cars you would have bought one already. You need to judge apples to apples.

20. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    There are "make my day" sellers and there are real sellers. $20K spread between them. Same thing on 328s.

21. jimgolf1

jimgolf1 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2013
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim Small
    That makes me feel better. But I'm still interested to see if you luck up on a car in the $50k range that doesn't need $20k more to make it as nice as the ones you are seeing in the $60-$75k range.

22. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    #24 xpensivewino, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed