Question about 308 QV hoses | FerrariChat

Question about 308 QV hoses

Discussion in '308/328' started by BLACK HORSE, Mar 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hey guys, can anyone please tell me if Ferrari used cloth braded hoses for their coolant hoses or are they just plain rubber? Also what about type of hoses used for vacuum, fuel, air as well? I'm planning to replace all my hoses but some of them are cloth and some are rubber. I would like to keep the car to near original as possible.

Thx
    Rob

2. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    coolant hoses rubber, fuel hoses fuel type rubber hoses, air hoses and breathers pipes mostly if not all cloth braided hoses.

3. buzzdoc

buzzdoc Karting

Oct 28, 2016
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Does anyone have a resource for the air and breather hoses? Can't find anything bigger than a 17mm in a like hose. I thought I hit the jackpot and ordered some (from Jegs I think). They looked the part but have steel braiding inside which isn't needed. I didn't realize they were reinforced until they arrived. They are also a couple of mm too big, and I worry that they are so stiff that I'm not getting a good seal and may have some unmetered air. I'm swapping back to the originals today until I can find a suitable replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Call GT Car Parts, talk to Bill, tell him the size you need in mm, and he will sell it to you by the ft.

5. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I purchased 20mm cloth braded breather hose from T. Rutlands... 6ft = $72

6. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Belmetric also has stock.

7. jdamon

jdamon Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2015
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I just went through this, and I ordered a bunch of stuff from different places and I think I am finally satisfied. Another good source for the cloth braided stuff that was not already mentioned is Newco products, they have pretty much everything. I also found some on eBay, but they were not quite rugged enough. I bought my 22mm size from belmetric, but it's pricey, and I ordered before remembering about Newco products. My original issue with Newco was that the hoses are not always completely black. (The smaller ones I ordered were). But, my local Ferrari mechanic informed me of a nice trick, just paint the hose! The fabric braid takes the paint nicely :). I got some other stuff from Hose warehouse (Eaton aoroquip), but the stuff recommended by Rob in his wonderful tutorials is way too robust, 2 layers of SS braiding in the middle, so you need different clamps and then it's a bear to work with. I did find an alternative from them though, and it's pretty good, and black!

https://hosewarehouse.com/1503-10-Aeroquip-Single-Wire-Braid-SAE-100R5-Hose?search=1503-

Good luck!

8. jdamon

jdamon Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2015
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hey, sorry, that link above is also for the aeroquip hose that is ss reinforced... the best stuff I found (before Newco products) was gates weatherhead h100(06) for the 8mm id fuel evap lines. It was super hard to find a supplier that would sell it by the foot, but I did find some at a random place whose name escapes me, but I bought the last piece they had which was 8 ft or so. If you have a grainger account you may be able to find it, but I think they will only sell 50ft minimum? It is a good match though, here is the link to a site to show what it looks like.

http://www.eatonpowersource.com/cross-reference/details/h10006/