Caroming Plastic Parts | FerrariChat

Caroming Plastic Parts

Discussion in '308/328' started by prober34, Apr 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. prober34

prober34 Rookie

Dec 15, 2012
    Redditch,England
    Full Name:
    Phil Roberts
    #1 prober34, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    I need the plastic backing plates on my GT4 Rear Light assemblies rechroming. Does anyone know of a company in the U.K that can successfully rechrome plastic parts. Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards

Phil

2. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    Hello Phil,
    Scalemodels of Poynton make plastic replacement parts for Vintage Scalextric cars such as Bumpers and Grills which are chromed to an excellent standard, it may be worth contagting them to see if they can help with larger items.
    Tom

3. prober34

prober34 Rookie

Dec 15, 2012
    Redditch,England
    Full Name:
    Phil Roberts
    Tom

Thankyou for the update, I will check it out.

Regads
    Phil

4. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I am not sure how chroming of plastic parts is done but the modern vinyl wrap technology is pretty amazing and there are many out there. Its worth checking into as an option. Of the larger companies providing material like 3M and Avery Dennison the quality is pretty amazing.

5. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    There is another option,Hydrochroming or Hydrocoating used by custom car followers.
    It is something I have seen but am afraid I would not be able to point to any particular company.

6. bill308

bill308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2001
    Windsor, CT
    Full Name:
    Bill Sebestyen
    I sent my rear window heater switch to a guy in Poland a couple of years ago for refurbishment, as replacements were not available at the time. The bezel is chromed plastic. The switch was returned and looked pretty good. It is my understanding, after preparation, the chroming is done in a vacuum chamber, by vapor deposition, an electrostatic process.

Bill

7. Hank Rose

Hank Rose Rookie

Mar 8, 2012