Spare Wheel Color Code | FerrariChat

Spare Wheel Color Code

Discussion in '308/328' started by jazaroo, Aug 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jazaroo

jazaroo Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Hey guys, does anyone know the color code for the dark/charcoal grey donut wheel for a 1988 Ferrari 328B?

Mine has a few chips I would like to touch-up and want to try and get a 100% match and not just go by eye for something close.

Thanks in advance.

2. jazaroo

jazaroo Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Hi Guys, a multi year lurker here (joined 2006) learned a ton from the board. Posted this 3 days ago, but it needed Mod approval and just made it up.

Own a 1988 328GTB, purchased 1988 7,900m on it, Grandkid decided it would be fun to roll the wheel (was pristine by the way) and it fell on its face and put a few nicks on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Not a full size spare?

4. jazaroo

jazaroo Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    #4 jazaroo, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. tinterow

tinterow Formula 3

Nov 1, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Chaya Tinterow
    If anyone actually mentions a difference in the color of your spare wheel...kick them in the nutz! I would call this a non-issue. Go get DupliColor dark grey wheel paint at AutoZone...basically dead on match :)

6. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
  7. jazaroo

jazaroo Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Yeah, I guess I may end up doing that. There is a store I have ordered from before on ebay that makes exact matches to the code you supply. I was very happy with a match they did to another car I have, so I thought I would see if I could find the correct code and let them do a match.

No, no registered there, it's a thought though, thanks all.

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I am told, but I don't have any experience, that painting technology today is such that you can have the wheel scanned and have paint mixed mechanically to produce a precise match. I would consult with top body shop. Depending on where you're located, I (or someone else on here) may be able tonrecommd a place.

9. jazaroo

jazaroo Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Thanks for the tip, may just buy 2-3 close to the eye matches and test to see which one, when dry, matches best. If I am not happy, your suggestion might be an idea. I guess in the end the tiny nicks aren't the end of the world, but I would like to do the best job I can.