My car is here! Finally | FerrariChat

My car is here! Finally

Discussion in '348/355' started by Bee Jay, Jul 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
  2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Nice timing before your party!

Congrats!

3. op360

op360 Karting

Mar 16, 2006
    Congratulation!!!
    Car looking very sharp. Enjoy~~

4. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
  5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Awesome machine mate!! :):) You must feel on top of the world right now!! :D:D
    Gorgeous car and gorgeous wife buddy!! Life is good!! Congrats on the beautiful 348 and enjoy in good health my friend. :):)
    You're smile speaks a thousand words! :D:D Looking forwards to more pics of the gorgeous 348. :):)

6. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
  7. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Lookin' good, sir! Enjoy her. :)

8. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Looking VERY good!! :):):)

9. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    #9 Bee Jay, Jul 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Nice collection! Congrats on a killer super-clean ride. Isn't the sound of these cars amazing?

11. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Some quick notes after my 13 mile test drive.
    The right side mirror is useless. It's not concave and things aren't closer than they appear. Does someone make a replacement mirror for the passenger side?
    The passenger can't operate her window, I can operate from my side, but it's slooooooow.
    The vents and center console is a sticky mess. I'll have to adress that.
    The sound is sweeeeeet. I'm glad it came with a tubi.
    It's quick. Damn quick. I have to adjust the steering wheel and space it back off of my knees so that I can see the tach and speedo.
    It rides much smoother than the Porsche or the Corvette. Very civilized. I could use it daily, after I get the steering wheel out of the way.
    It has a radio, well a CD reciever. Turn it on and an antennae appears from the rear engine compartment.
    Lot's of attention, more than my bright yellow Corvette. People stop and look, and find a reason to come by the house. I think it's the only Ferrari in Lomoc.
    This is going to be fun.
    Bee Jay

12. riddleguy

riddleguy Karting

Apr 11, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Curt Pierce
    I really dig that the top is painted to match. Makes it look like it should actually be there, as compared to its stock state.

13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!! :D:D:D

14. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    You guys up too? I just got my 355 yesterday, and can't get off F-chat! I'm in the city(SF), Lompoc isn't too far away. I'm jealous because one of my favorite roads (Highway 1) has the best sections down near where you are(north of Lompoc?). You have an even more impressive collection than I thought, how about a pic with all of your cars?

15. Andi355

Andi355 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2005
    Bella machina Sir.

Looks like new.

When can we come to celebrate your new beast ?

Andi

16. fxdwgs

fxdwgs Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Sjobo, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bengt
    SHE SURE LOOKS NICE...................and so does your car!

I think the mode of transportatation was flashy.

What model of HD is that? Mine is a DWG.

Is it a 914 in the front??

//B//

17. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Bee Jay - It looks FANTASTIC!!! Tell ya what -- that rear cavallino still in the original black is pretty cool. Most have been switched over to chrome, but yours is still 100% original.

I have window accelerator modules in stock. Give me a call on Monday and I'll send one for free, as a "Welcome to the club!" gift.

I'm a former 914 owner too. Both the 914 and 348 are like go-karts. The only difference is that a 914 goes about as fast as one; the 348 goes much faster! (Mine was a 1973 1.7, I think)

Again, congratulations!!!

-Daniel

p.s. Practice opening the fuel door before your first trip to the gas station. Avoid the embarrassment that many of us have had.

18. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Now THAT is hospitality!!! Good peeps here, for sure.

19. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    Beejay, I'm thrilled you got it! Great timing for your birthday. It looks fantastic. Enjoy it in the fabulous california weather :)

Also can you take another pic of the rear? Is your engine top painted black instead of red?

20. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    #20 Bee Jay, Jul 28, 2007
    It's 6am, and there's a Ferrari in my garage!!! It wasn't a dream, I really do own a Ferrari!!!! It only took 30 years, two marraiges, one divorce, two kids, five step kids, four step grand-kids, a military career, and now an aerospace engineer carreer. I did it....ahem, we did it. Thank You Jesus! Thanks everybody for the help and the nice words. Makes a brother choke up.
    Sylvia says thank you Pap. When you come to the US, you've got a place to stay and she'll cook for you. Hopefully I'm in town, ha.
    Thanks Daniel, I'll take that free window accelerator. Do you also have the steering wheel spacers? I'll call Monday, I'll probably have a list by then. If I mention 355 wheels, tell me you don't have any. Keep me grounded and sane. My 914 has a 2.0 liter that Wayne Dempsey of Pelican Parts and I built. But I have a 3.0 liter 911 motor on the garage floor, along with engine mount, engine tin, and oil tank. It will be a 914-6 some day. Do a search on the Pelican Parts web site under Bee Jay. The Corvette has about 450 horsepower and 18" wheels. Another blast. Search Bee Jay on Corvetteforum.com
    The Harley is an '88 Softale Custom that I customized some more. 17 years old, but only 13K miles. I don't ride much, but it's a blast when I do.

My grinders broke, I have to run out to Starbucks to get coffee. Yea, that's it, the grinder is broke.
    My birthday party is Aug. 4th. Anyone in the area that can come, pm me, I'll email you the details.
    Where is Chris?
    How do you open the fuel door? How do you raise this freakin' steering wheel?
    Bee Jay
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

Congrats BEE JAY!!
    What a feeling ay! The car really looks nice. I am diggin the original blk rockers.
    Unfortunately, my wife and I cannot make it to your birthday, we have a wedding to go to for a dear friend of ours. AND I forgot to send you a flag.
    But I will get one out on Monday.
    Happy Birthday!
    GAS CAP: there is a button on the center console near the shifter. If it doesn't work, I hear many do not, open the hood, there is a lever you can pull located nearly behind the gas cap. That will pop the cap open!
    Steering wheel:Didn't know they are adjustable. Never needed to move it :)

22. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    The lever to adjust the wheel height is located underneath the steering column. Pull it down and toward you to adjust.

What's the issue with the mirror?

23. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    I'm used to the concave/convex? right side mirrors that says "objects in mirror are closer than they appear". You get a really good view of what's behind you and to the right with those. With this mirror, I'm only looking at the rear fender and what is immediately there. I guess I'll get used to it, but I prefer seeing the whole countryside from my passenger side mirror.
    Bee Jay

24. Dean355

Dean355 Formula 3

Sep 4, 2006
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Dean
    #24 Dean355, Jul 28, 2007
    BJ Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood!! Your "it took 30 years" post is hilarious!!

I cannot believe how beautiful your paint looks on the Ferrari baby!! What branch of the military you served in?

Cheers! Drive it, enjoy it, and enjoy the onlookers!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    You should see it now that I waxed it. Yea, I waxed it at 1am last night. I spent 22 years in the US Air Force. Retired seven years ago as a Lt. Col. I do the same thing now as a bloody filthy contractor, but now I get paid!.
    Bee Jay