I painted my brake calipers .... red | FerrariChat

I painted my brake calipers .... red

Discussion in '348/355' started by rbellezza, Apr 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    #1 rbellezza, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Roberto- Those look great, as does the rest of the car. Good use of the white decals, too. My red calipers have black decals, but your white ones look just as good, and yellow would probably have looked ok, too. Hopefully you clearcoated the decals with VHT clear paint.

Amazing how small touches like the red calipers really brighten up a Ferrari. Very pretty car with the 360 wheels.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

3. lindsey

lindsey Karting

Sep 20, 2009
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Lindsey Freeman
    They look magnificent way to go Roberto!!!!!

4. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    Very nice. I like the 360 wheels on your car.

5. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    #5 eulk328, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    I'm sure you did a nice job but I prefer black. In that area the wheels should always be the center of attention without "distractions" IMO.

Lowering the car 1~1.5 inch.... well that would be sweet :)

6. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    very nice! I did the same, with white lettering also (stencil painted on). After a few years and a few thousand miles of brake dust they still look decent, just a bit darker ;)

7. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    Did the G2 kit come with the decals,if not where did you get them
    I would like mine red as well

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    eulk- Great, keep yours black. I like his red calipers and my next set will be yellow. Some of us like what you call "distractions", that add to the wheels' interest. Car height looks just right to me. Who wants to scrape on every driveway and speed-bump?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

9. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Absolutely, lowering the car will be my next project !

10. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Guess what ? I did not paint the logo, after the paint cured, i just sanded off with sand paper straighten by a 2X3 piece of wood ! What you see is the metal covered by clearcoted paint.

11. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    No decal, i sanded off the paint from the logo after it cured and then protected the metal of the caliper by a clearcoted paint.

12. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Thanks Lindsey !

13. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    Bully for you old boy. You already stated you liked them in your initial post. Shall we all repeat our opinions?

Scraping on driveways and speed bumps? Depends on where you live old chap.

(of course I know why you really felt the need to reply to my opinion... sad...)

14. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Well done. It looks great.

15. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Calipers look awesome my friend!! :):)

16. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Very nice!! Man between you Steve and Lindsey all painting yours I might need to paint mine now..:D

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    eulk- Yes, I try not to rain on other people's parade, old man. Apparently not a sentiment shared by you. Considered bloody impolite from where I hail, but maybe not from where you reside. Stiff upper lip works well, no? Repeating positive opinions is usually not ill received, mate, the opposite sort of turns things sour.

Love working with folks with perfect taste. So uplifting to everyones's spirit. Especially those whose tastes differ, mind you.

The reason I needed to reply to your post was that it was unnecessary, as well as impolite. Roberto already did an excellent job on his calipers and they look great. Your post was an attempt to denigrate his work because of your perfect taste. How small of you.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

18. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    Roberto asked for opinions not guaranteed positive replies. Providing an opinion after it was requested is not impolite.

"Perfect taste?" Are you unable to comprehend the difference between an opinion and someone believing they have perfect taste.? The reality is no person in this world can have perfect taste. Can't happen. Impossible.

I dare say repeating positive opinions is NEVER ill received. Then again, some of us have a mind of our own.

Perhaps in "your world" everyone is plastic, artificial, totally optimistic, never says what they really feel if it's not what they're expecting others to hear. You're probably the type, if just hit by a bus and asked how you are, reply "I'm well and you?" That's fine. I'm not that type. I ask you get over it. I'm not like that. I'm not one that likes "yes men" either. And you?

I suspect Roberto did an excellent job painting the calipers and applying the lettering. I never said anything to the contrary. I prefer black calipers and stated it.

If you asked what I thought of you painting your calipers yellow I would give you an honest answer. It would be honest but POLITE (not rude).

Your opinion of me and my thought process is meaningless and irrelevant as is mine of you and yours.

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    eulk- Well, at least there is one thing upon which we can agree. Irrelevant. No, in my world most people are thoughtful and do not offer opinions that belittle others' work or insuate there was a better choice they could have made after they already made one and did the work.

I like "my world" better than your world. So continue to try and justify yourself with "I am not a yes man" and other such trite drivel. I am over it, how about you?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

20. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    They look awesome! A beautiful compliment to the 360 wheels. Good choice.:)

21. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    great idea for dealing with the Ferrari script..........

22. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Roberto, fantastic job, looks very good. By the way, I like you garage too :):)

23. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Roberto, It looks absolutely fabulous !!!
    Great Job !!

What did you use to paint them ??
    How did you do the white Ferrari Lettering ??

Bellissimo !!!
    Glenn

24. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #24 TheOnlyest, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
    Guys, 348 calipers don't have the Ferrari stickers on them... the script is a raised part of the casting. After you paint, you simply sand off the paint from the raised script back to bare aluminum, then you clearcoat the whole thing. I did mine with a light Dremel sanding wheel and then a polish wheel... then 3 coats of VHT clear. I think I spent a total of $35 on materials to do mine.

25. X11OUD

X11OUD Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2008
    Manchester, England
    Full Name:
    Neil
    You've done a great job there, very nice.