348 ts Speciale market | FerrariChat

348 ts Speciale market

Discussion in '348/355' started by prd575, Jan 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    Any of you guys has any idea of the current price range for a 348 ts Speciale in reasonably good but not exceptional condition?

2. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    to give you a reference point I paid $57k last month for one in exceptional condition with 8,000 miles and recent service.

3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's pretty darn good for the seller, considering the market in general has taken a hit the last few years...I recall prices being discussed at $35k-$40k which in my opinion is utterly ridiculous.

4. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Year? Mileage? CF or normal seats? Recent belt service?

5. errico

errico Karting

Sep 16, 2012
    I ve been in the market for 1.5 years looking for a 348 355 and finally I bought one. I have never ever seen a low mile 348 for 35k. They are either destroyed, re painted , no records, VGA , look all f up from every angle. You pay for what you get really. So when I did see a very low mile 348 with everything in place in was gone within a week or 2. I missed 3 of them like this , so I know they really did sell. They all sold mid 40s range with no services on them.

So I am not sure what a speciale has more than a tb ts but if its a 93-94 they are usually 5-10 more in the asking price if everything is right on the car. Under 15 k miles is low mileage and red tan , not yellow or black those cars sit for a long time.

I inspected more than 6 cars in the last year in your 30s range , and they were junk. Torn seats etc etc. everything you can imagine. So saying you can pick up a mint 348 at 30 is not a good representation of the market at this point.

6. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    Excellent and recent reference point. Thank you.
    This one has 17K needs a belt service and I would also have to spend some money on the leather and stiicky stuff inside.
    On the plus side, has the CF seats and Tubis.

7. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    No way.

8. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    I had a feeling that was the car that you were talking about. Anyway, you'd definitely have to the sticky interior parts thing addressed pronto, else you won't enjoy driving the car. Every time you inadvertently touch the melting goo it'll get on your hands, then your clothes or on that nice crema leather. Ask me how I know. Anyway, it's a DIY job (several threads on this board about it) or Sticky No More can hook you up. Not really a big deal but not zero cost either.

The leather can typically be repaired and redyed surprisingly inexpensively. Some have even done this DIY as well with the Leatherique products.

Others might disagree with me but their ask of nearly $50k for a SS that needs a major and not otherwise exceptional is on the high end - though not out of the ballpark given that the car does have the CF seats, which probably adds $2-$3k to the car's value. If you like the car and a PPI gives good feedback, you could even offer a bit above the ask but have them throw in a major, including Hill Engineering tensioner bearings. Fwiw, their mechanic is absolutely top notch and has a great reputation, as does the seller himself.

9. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Yes, I do think it is the high end of the market but it is an extremely nice car. CF seats. The SS added a premium compared with a regular 348 which I was willing to pay for which may or may not be worth it depending on one's perspective.

10. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    I think the 348 SS is on its way up. Since I purchased mine I have been contacted TWICE to sell it at a 10k premium. She will be on the lawn at Cavallino this year

11. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    Thanks a bunch to all of you. This very valuable and I will probably go ahead with a firm offer.
    I have absolute confidence in the seller. He already made me a very happy owner of a gorgeous 575.
    ferrarioldman is also a fantastic mechanic, I agree.
    I am lucky to have both of them in my backyard.

12. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    Thank you.
    Would you mind sharing pictures, mileage and other details about the car? F40 seats?

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I completely agree, and I too would pay a premium to have a mint model...I am happy to see that the price was in the 50s (I own # 79 of 100), maybe they are gaining momentum to get the value back up to where it belongs.

see my post above ;) :)

14. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    The deal is done guys!
    Thank you very much for all your help and advice.
    Will post some pictures in a few days.
    When I am done with it, this one will be a stunner!

15. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    Congrats!

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congratulations and welcome - looking forward to the pics.

What # is it?

17. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Congrats Philippe! Were you able to get Steve to ante up for a major, or least meet you in the middle. Look forward to seeing some pics, particularly after you give the ol' girl some TLC.

18. bmxracer50

bmxracer50 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2009
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Philippe, Glad you got the one you wanted! Pics or link!?!

Regarding prices: I did plenty of looking, and eventually spent more than anticipated for my SS (bought last August) but in the end, I didn't feel like I overpaid, I just realized that I had unrealistic expectations for what I was going to pay to get a clean example. I kept hoping to find a clean, low mile SS with the carbon seats for less than $40K and it never happened. Opened up the wallet a bit further and suddenly the world is full of excellent examples!

I broke #40 out of the garage tonight for a little trip for the first time in a month and fell in love again.

19. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I love the 348 SS. Can't wait to see pictures.

20. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Congratulations, can't wait to see pictures.

I'm in the market for a 348 SS myself. I have my eye on one; just need to decide whether to pull the trigger. Needs a major, though, but the price takes that into account.

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What is the asking price, and what # is it?

22. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    No problem. 17K miles, F40 seats.
    Roso Corsa/Cream. Needs belt service.
    Will send pics over the weekend.

23. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier

24. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    This was a consignment car and Steve did an excellent job to broker a deal that made sense to both parties.
    I will post some pics this weekend.

25. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    95619 is the number.
    The asking price was 49.5.