VIDEO: 355 with Stage 3 Capristo Exhaust | FerrariChat

VIDEO: 355 with Stage 3 Capristo Exhaust

Discussion in '348/355' started by AxerJk, Jul 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    There seems to be mixed opinions about the sound of this car, but it took my breath away. One of my favorite sounds!

Chris

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPmMf4FtmEI]Best Sounding Ferrari EVER!! - YouTube[/ame]

2. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    It does sound a bit better than today's F1.

3. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm usually not a fan of aftermarket exhausts, but the capristo is an exception. I had a level 2 on my car when I got it and wish I still had it.

4. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    I'm BLOWN away by the sound Capristo makes!!

I'm currently running on stock headers and test pipes on my 95' 355 GTB. Will level 2 result in excessive drone while cruising?

Regards
    Doug

5. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    I have the exact same setup, Fabspeed headers, Hyperflow cats, and Cap Stg3.

It...is...awesome!!

The only thing that might make it a little better is going to straight pipes, and stock or Tubi headers, as the Fabspeed headers just barely took a hint of shriek away... Very very little though. Stock cats/mufflers rob a HUGE amount of "F1" sound. Stock 355's sound quiet to me even under full throttle.

6. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Is there a lot of drone when you are cruising at 80-100km/h?

The Capristo is tempting me...

Doug

7. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I agree. The same goes for the Testarossa, 550 Maranello, and several other Ferraris. It's such a shame that they couldn't make them with a great stock sound and you have to shell out several thousand just to make it sound right.

Chris

8. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No drone, it sounds virtually stock when the valve is closed. It only gets loud when it goes on bypass and you get that shriek. I'll probably end up getting another one someday as it does weigh a solid 20lbs less than the stock can as well, so there's at least some performance benefit there.

9. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Yes, no drone at all.

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think it sounds terrific.

11. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    My car sounds just as good or better with stock headers and CAT's, But No-Muffler, just a custom pipe arrangement similar to a challenge exhaust. And it's LOUD.

I think they wrote this song for my car LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NNGtFwCghA]Motley Crue - Louder Than Hell - YouTube[/ame]

12. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Had one in the box sitting in my office. Sold it to pay for the plates and tags, and sales tax on my 95. lol, I vow to have one again. Best sound out there for higher pitch that I know of. Thanks for the post. Pumps me up to get one again

13. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    Got exactly the same sound but with the standard headers.
    Where I live, there are tunnels all over the place. simply amazing and also the reason why I bought the spider.

but nice video, and yes, amazing sound. Like to see more of these videos

14. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I love reading posts like that! I am happy that it inspired you to get one again and I hope you do. :)

Chris

15. ijvpet

ijvpet Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2002
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    John P
    Trying to film a 355 sound like the video posted is very difficult to get the sound across. The volume needs to be ramped up to 15 to get close.
    I'll bet, if we all watched this 355 fly by at the side of the road, all our jaws would drop.

A couple of friends and I own 355's with Capi's and tubi's with test pipes.

The sounds are soooooo loud, sooooooo F1, you can hear these cars for miles.

There is no secret. Capristo, test pipes and maybe stainless headers and you get the ultimate F1 screaming 355 that will blow the sound doors off of anything else on the road.

16. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sounds quite good....best Ferrari I've ever heard? I think he may owe me a beer.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

17. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    my 2 year old daughter sat with me when i watched that video and said "daddy is that man going to buy you a beer?" lol

But it does sound amazing!!

18. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    I still think the Tubi setup in one of his other videos (Ferrari 355 Tubi Exhaust Pure sound: Ferrari 355 Tubi Exhaust Pure sound - YouTube) is my favorite. Just a trifle more balanced sound, imo. Still, the Cappy is nice!

19. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    LOL that is too funny! :D

Chris

20. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Same setup on mine, nothing in the world compares.

21. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Its a great sounding setup.. That exhaust combination is still one of the most popular choices with our F355 clients.

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I can tell you right now my car sounds waaay sicker than the one in the video. You need test pipes, not high flow cats. And yes, the fabspeed headers did take away from some of the pitch.

I plan on getting a stock spec 16 gauge 321 stainless steel header. I am also planning on putting in a decatted Y-pipe. It will be difficult for any Ferrari to match the scream this sound will produce.

If you have a 95 and you dont have a capristo 3 with test pipes, you are missing out. Im tellin you.

23. mikster

mikster Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    LA
    Full Name:
    SLOMO
    my 99 has Fabspeed-Hyper-Cappy 3
    Im pleased with the sound

24. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Capristo sounds nice, but I prefer the sound of a Tubi with test pipes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDHFjAucIKc]355 Tubi Test Pipes - YouTube[/ame]