Learned my lesson once and for all, ONLY ORDER FROM RICAMBI | FerrariChat

Learned my lesson once and for all, ONLY ORDER FROM RICAMBI

Discussion in '348/355' started by treedee3d, Jul 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Pardon my rant here but I am somewhat frustrated and annoyed by vendors who have zero customer service ability.

I've recently had relatively negative experiences with 3 vendors and I am so annoyed.

#1 Superformance UK

Needed some motor and gearbox mounts, the price difference with Ricambi was significant enough that I went ahead and ordered from Superformance. I was in no rush to get the parts and did not want to pay high shipping fees so I asked to get the parts sent by mail. So many emails back-and-forth, long time between replies and sometimes not getting answered at all was so annoying (For a simple question).

Plus, their site does not give you a shipping total when you checkout and you're left guessing what the charge will be and they just charge whatever amount they want. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Finally, after not getting answers nor a tracking number, I called long distance and was told the package had been shipped and was given the tracking info over the phone. When the package arrived, I ended up paying 110$ of brokerage/shipping fees.

Overall not a horrible experience but very far from the level of service that Ricambi offers.

#2 FMS Car parts

Looking for a tank vent valve and FMS had it listed ridiculously low (under 10$) So I figured why not? Created an account on july 17th, Ordered the part, put in my payment info then received an automated email telling me the order was being processed and it's been dead silence ever since, no tracking info, nothing (My card wasn't even charged). Called their phone that indicate there is someone there 9am to 5pm and got the voicemail. Emailed them to say please cancel the order

#3 T.Rutlands

This one takes the cake....The tank vent valve is listed at 13$ so I went ahead and decided to order it there. I processed my order online but the cheapest shipping option was 24$ so I called them and asked that they ship by mail (Which I had done before with this vendor and had worked out great) Here is exactly word-for-word how the conversation went:

me: Hi, I just ordered a part on your site but they list Fedex as the cheapest shipping option at 24$, can you send it to me by mail instead since it's a small part?

Rep: Sure, we can do that, please give me the part number?

me: 170442 tank vent valve

Rep: We don't have that in stock, I'd have to special order it for you

me: That's strange because your site has it listed

Rep: Our site has everything

me: I see....

Rep: (Long Pause) Listen I gotta move this call along here, any other parts you need?

me: No, all I need is that part, how long will it take for you to get it if you special order it?

Rep: I don't know, I'm not even sure I can get it.

me: (Speechless & baffled)

Rep: Look I don't have time to be here on the phone so I gotta go (agressive tone)

me: No that's fine, goodbye and I will take my business elsewhere

-NONE of the above scenarios would have ever happened with Daniel at Ricambi so even if he sells the part at 44$ (assuming he has it available), it's worth spending a little more sometimes because trying to save by going elsewhere is just not worth the aggravation.

I definetly learned a lesson here, I'm just gonna go with Ricambi from now on no matter the price cause there is no one out there who comes close in terms of customer service and satisfaction. You all should do the same because Daniel values his customers and knows how to treat them.

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Daniel has treated me well. I bought the oil filter change kit and the filter was dented but I had to install it to finish the job. Email a photo to him and had a new filter in 2 days.

He also sent me a few brake pedal in the past.

Very positive experiences with him.

3. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    T Rutlands has old prices which have not been updated so I've called more than once to hit a different price which is no longer competitive.

4. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    I know it's hard to keep everything updated but shouldn't unavailable parts be removed if they're unavailable? Why can I select it, put it into a shopping cart, create an account, fill out a form, select shipping options, pay, etc...? If they don't even have the damn thing?

It's essentially like going to the grocery store, walking the aisle, picking your item, putting it in the basket, going to the cash, pulling out your wallet and the cashier tells you: Sorry sir you can't buy this item!

5. mad dog

mad dog Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    suffolk uk
    Full Name:
    andrew
    Go Ricambi! You know its worth it.

6. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I ordered a NOS Spider top handle from T. Rutlands last year. Came out of the yellow box sticky as peanut butter. (Not their fault, but knowing this is common they could have checked it first). Called to explain the problem and got an abrubt "return it" with no apologies. So I did...and they charged me a restocking fee. I think the shipping both ways plus the restocking fee cost more than the part.

Lesson learned.

7. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Seriously, not only does he have passion for our cars he is a true gentleman and professional.

8. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    I used to use superformance, in fact i always recommended them to other owners over the years. Not any more, over last winter i spent the best part of £6,000 with them on parts. Then they sold me a pair of there Fiorano rear springs that were clearly not what they described. I contacted them and they were not remotely interested. Tried to palm me of with BS. I mean for the sake of a pair of springs at a cost of £140, they have lost me as a custumer and anyone else to after i name and shame them.
    Its hard to get a reliable source these days, a good company that respects you and stands behind there service.
    Go Ricambi!!!!!! I say :)

9. mikster

mikster Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    LA
    Full Name:
    SLOMO
    RICAMBI...

They have always been very expedient about anything that Ive ordered... Pretty simple thats why they are # 1

10. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Fab
    Why dont you just buy the parts from the dealer in canada? like i told you i bought motor mounts for $140.00 cdn each Now a days the dealer tries to match Us prices with out the shipping and duties.All you have to do is tell them i can get it for X amount in the states and see what they say..You will see at the end of the day it ends up cheaper to by local.
    My friend bought a throttle cable for his 355 it was $80.00 cdn thats less than in the states.

11. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    TreeDee,

You have discovered what the pros have known for years. Ricambi has been a crusader for quality parts. He will not even carry FNA parts if they are unworthy. Take the timing bearing issue #170787 that is junk from FNA we are all still waiting for the Hill Eng. version.

Some on here also bash the pro's price on parts that get passed on to consumers. Can you imagine the headache you would have if you ran a business and spent all day chasing down a $13 part! No business has time for hassles and even you with all the time in the world won't do it either. Consumers have to also realize there is a cost for reliable expedient procurement of parts.

12. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I cannot even begin to tell you all of the great service Mr. Pass has provided me and my boxer. great guy and a great business he has built!!!

13. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    I do support my local dealer all the time, I get service on my car, buy my swag, got a watch 2 weeks ago. Andrew at Ferrari Maserati Quebec is great and I've also had very pleasant dealings with Roger and David at the service dept.

For this small part, it was just much easier to order online but I also support the dealer whenever I can for sure. The guys there are as good to me as Daniel is so from now on, I'll stick to those 2 sources only for parts and won't bother going anywhere else.

14. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    There are reasons a parts hose like Ricambi exist and prosper

Correct parts at a competitive price + labor saved

:)

15. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Created this thread at 3:19pm

By 4:00pm, I already had a PM from Daniel

Problem solved, part is ordered.

Life is good again, thanks to Daniel (as predicted)

16. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Fab
    I just go where i get the best price..sometimes there out to lunch on some stuff.But on the small stuff its worth it because it saves on shipping and duty's. Anytime i orderd anything that they didn't have in stock it only takes 3 days to get it in.

17. hjp

hjp Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2013
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Full Name:
    Jerry Peterson
    Guys,

Try Eurospares in the UK. I've had great luck with them. Their customer service is excellent, their prices are kept up to date, they are consistently cheaper than in the US, no taxes, they carry almost everything in stock (or can get it quickly from Ferrari) and shipping is prompt and reasonable. Hard to beat.

18. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Ricambi is great. I'm a very happy customer.

19. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    I had pleasant experiences with AwItalian and Eurospares (also got some used stuff form prosport uk) None comparable to Ricambi's level of service but very good.

Just wanted to clarify that they're not all bad.

20. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I use Ricambi as much as possible.

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I've never really had any problems with any suppliers, T. Rutlands, Superformance, All Ferrari Parts, Italian Cars Parts, Ricambi, NAPA, Ferrari dealers, Rock Auto. I go where the price is cheapest.

22. Lfpontes

Lfpontes Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    São Paulo
    Full Name:
    Luiz.
    Just purchased a F355 gearknob, dead pedal, and wheel center caps.

Great service and packaging.

Also ordered a F355 door sill in carbon, again great service and packaging.

Will return to Brazil tomorrow. hopefully everything will fit during the weekend.

23. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I have bought multiple items from Daniel over the years - always very happy with the service.

I only bought one item (a water pump) from Rutlands and got a good product.

24. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Same here. Never had a problem with any of the above.
    And my favorite is GT Car parts. Sadly, they know me by the sound of my voice.
    Dean Romer of Ferrari of Central NJ can find you almost anything and is a strait shooter.

A little grief with FerrParts, but he and I are working it out. That's what counts.

25. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Ferrari of Central NJ I've dealt with and those guys are top notch. I was running late and they offered to wait for me after closing since I was stuck in traffic and coming from far away.

Great guys indeed.