new owner | FerrariChat

new owner

Discussion in '348/355' started by bayferrari, Nov 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bayferrari

bayferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    William
    Hi All,
    Have been lurking on this website for quite some time and have finally purchased a 1991 348. I love the car, red with tan interior, tubi exhaust. I have 1 concern right now and that is the temp. display panel is giving me E1 fault code. The Ferrari maintenance manual states this fault as a cabin temp sensor. Is this correct? Ricambi says they are no longer available. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some way to clear the fault code?

thanks
    William

2. amattox1

amattox1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2013
    Bay Area CA
    Full Name:
    AMattox
    I had the same problem. Cleaned the electrical connections on the back of the unit and the wiring harness. Climate control works great now.

3. RaginBull

RaginBull Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Congrats, I just picked up a 348 also. Are you in the Bay Area, CA? Join the FOG group, there are not many 348's out here.

4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    William,

Congrats on your new Ferrari. Let's see some pis! The 348 guys here are great sources!

Robb

5. bayferrari

bayferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    William
    Boy Rob, I hope you mean pics, pis. Ill post some in the next few days. Amattox1 what connectors did you clean? Basically where are they located. I've got a couple of days to do some tidy up on it so now is the time. Excited about taking her for a nice spin.

6. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Lol! :D

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  8. amattox1

amattox1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2013
    Bay Area CA
    Full Name:
    AMattox
    If you pop the cigaret holders out of the ash tray there are two screws. Remove these and take out the ashtray. Next remove the two screws that hold down the metal shift gate. After that the whole center console pretty much falls apart. And you can get to the wiring. On the back of the climate control unit is a large multi pin connector. This is the part that I cleaned to solve my E1 error code.

9. bayferrari

bayferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    William
    #9 bayferrari, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    She's a looker...hope you're planning on keeping the lower panels factory black. Those wheels are a nice touch to.
    Enjoy the Ferrari experience..

11. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  13. Triple Black

Triple Black Karting

Feb 8, 2014
    Millington TN
    Full Name:
    David S
    Order some Stable...22 from Ricambi and put it on all electrical connections. I read about it here and it seems to have worked for me. I had a bad connection on one of the mass airflow sensors, I inspected it and it looked clean, put a drop of the stable fluid on both ends of the connector, put it back together 6 months ago and no problems since.

14. bayferrari

bayferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    William
    Ok, so had her out yesterday for a spirited drive thru the bay area backroads, awesome, there is nothing like the sound of that V-8 behind you growling away. Have begun to do the bits that need attention. Cleaned climate control board, E1 now is intermittent, I must have done something right. Parts from ricambi include new wheel center caps, PO wants the BBS wheels back, but gave me the original speedlines. Skid plates also on order, drivway a little low, oil kit too. What oil do you guys use? PO says royal purple, 5/40. Oil change this weekend.
    And yes I am leaving the black skirts just as they are. I like the look more than the painted look. More on the new adventure later.. Thanks for all the positive responses.

15. RaginBull

RaginBull Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Join the group, it's free. We have gatherings, meets and breakfast every other week. Next one is this Saturday.

Ferrari Owners Group

16. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Congrats!
    348s prefer to be driven as if stolen!

17. amattox1

amattox1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2013
    Bay Area CA
    Full Name:
    AMattox
    On the intermittent E1 error code. I ran into that as well after I first cleaned the connector. Turns out there is a locking tab on the wiring harness I neglected to snap back in place.