ZFFRG43A9R0098572 | FerrariChat

ZFFRG43A9R0098572

Discussion in '348/355' started by chatham33, Feb 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chatham33

chatham33 Karting

Mar 30, 2010
    Voorhees, NJ 08043
    Full Name:
    Joseph P Smith
    Re: 1994 Ferrari 348 Spider
    EBAY listing: 261793481935, expires Sunday 3/1/15

Just a heads up to anyone looking at this car and thinking of bidding. I checked Carfax, clean; Autocheck, clean. I know, I know, they only report what they are told!! EBAY ad says it had an engine fire and fully repaired; may be true but apparently a few facts have been left out. In doing my usual VIN search on Google, I came across an ad in "usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/Item.asp?soldid=56654&make=Ferrrari". Nice picture of this car as it sold on 5/7/2011 for $15,500.00. Of course, the picture shows this 348 from the left rear side with a burned top, left side door burned and I assume at least the interior gutted (could not see from the pic). Seller has not lied, just forgot the rest of the facts, I guess.
    Anyway, heads up. Hope you at least get to know the real facts in case you are a buyer. I am not sure, but I think I will pass!! LOL.

2. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Didn't it sell already? I guess for the price as a driver is fine but not for me either.

3. chatham33

chatham33 Karting

Mar 30, 2010
    Voorhees, NJ 08043
    Full Name:
    Joseph P Smith
    Sold; buyer apparently backed away; 3 day listing now.
    Zman, this car was fire gutted!!! You want that for your daily driver?? I am not saying anything cannot be repaired, but there is a limit to it all, at least for me. Ever see what us Fchatters get on cars for?? Been following the "golf" club 348 chatter, 900 posts later!!! Think you would get out of this car whole on here?? Just a thought or two.
    BTW, the seller on EBAY is all PO at me, because I had the nerve to point out his lack of disclosure. He told me he disclosed the engine top fire and that was enough to alert the buyers. Really? Burned out car vs engine top fire? He sells used Ferraris'. I invited him to respond to the nonsense he gave me on EBAY on here; love to see that thread length when all the dust clears.

4. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    If its a fire car you have to disclose it

5. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    So that would be considered a salvage title.....right?
    I mean if there was a fire then the insurance would right it off....right?
    Not sure about here in Canada as to salvage title or not as never have come across them here in Ontario.
    I don't know if they write a car here in Ontario if the ownership, title, shows salvage?
    I know that I cannot buy a salvage titled car from the US and bring it into Canada as they won't allow to operate a salvage titled car her on Ontario roads from the USA.
    Thus is why I will not buy any salvaged cars. If I could I would but would be at a deep discount.

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I'm interested in this car any additional info is greatly appreciated. Something is odd about this dealers auctions though. There are 2 bidders who routinely bid on this guys car, come in late and are often the underbidder. Never bid on similar models on ebay, only his...not saying, but saying ....

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    joseph, I think we spoke about the 348 spyder that was out in Orem UT several months back and you warned me off that one too. Are you certain those pics of the burnt car is same 348 in Sault St Marie? I believe you if they are, just want to clearly ask. Thanks

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #8 Meister, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  9. chatham33

chatham33 Karting

Mar 30, 2010
    Voorhees, NJ 08043
    Full Name:
    Joseph P Smith
    #9 chatham33, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Meister: The car I reference can be seen in it's "before" state at:

http://usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/Item.asp?soldid=56654&make=Ferrari

If you are able to access the above, you will find a very nice pic of the car with referenced VIN. Car sold on 5/7/2011 for $15,500.00. It is the same car currently for sale on EBAY, obviously with the necessary magic applied to make it look great; and who knows, it may well be, but I thought the guys and gals here should get a heads up before spending their hard earned money.

As to why no "salvage" title, I would suspect the insurance company decided to unload the car for all it could, which would include providing a clean title by not reporting it to the various agencies. Purely speculation on my part but a clean title surely ads to the cars sales value.
    Meister, you did a better job than me. Yes, your pics are the same car on EBAY Nice job.

10. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    current seller just told me they took the car in on trade in it's current condition.

11. chatham33

chatham33 Karting

Mar 30, 2010
    Voorhees, NJ 08043
    Full Name:
    Joseph P Smith
    Well, I guess there must be real value in a fire-burned car that has been "repaired" to its former glory!! LOL. Three day listing at no reserve was removed from EBAY this AM. Then, for all the world to buy, this vehicle was relisted at $39,900.00. All you Ferrari buyers take note-the market for a Ferrari must be red hot (no pun intended). Guess with all the new parts, this vehicle could be viewed as a "ground-up" restoration. All that is left for this car is to be seen on Overhaulin, from a burned carcus to a prancing horse. God Bless America (and Canada). I am speechless.

12. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    #13 WATSON, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    In the US this would have clearly been a salvaged title. Why is it not the same here in Canada.

14. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    If it has been restored fully, then what is the big deal? It is a Ferrari that has been saved from the crusher. So long as the seller says it was restored, and it was done properly, I would rather see it driving around than parted out.

Are there any pics of the restoration? What does it look like now?

15. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    The big deal is the current seller lists this car as "light engine fire, Only effecting the top of the engine". I'd say that's a little in accurate.

People saving cars is fine, just dont be that kind of seller/dealer