F355 Spider Passenger Seat Striker | FerrariChat

F355 Spider Passenger Seat Striker

Discussion in '348/355' started by dailo, Apr 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dailo

dailo Karting

Apr 25, 2013
    Hi All,

Have tried searching for this, but wondering if anyone has any idea why only the passenger seat in a 355 spider has a striker on it, and what its exact purpose is?
    I assume since it is difficult to tilt the passenger seat forward its a protection to prevent the roof fork bending?

I am trying to diagnose a top issue, and my top hits the passenger seat striker on the way down and barely clears the drivers seat unless I tilt it completely forward.

Cheers

2. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I would guess you need new elastic straps for your top. They pull the upper part back and help it fold up faster.

3. dailo

dailo Karting

Apr 25, 2013
    Thanks, but had that done. It's much better than before, but I was just curious if that striker is there for a reason.

I also notice the passenger seat moves further forward than the drivers? Pots working ok and tested with an sd1

4. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If your seats move forward you should not have to tilt the set backs forward at all and the top should never make contact with the seat.

5. dailo

dailo Karting

Apr 25, 2013
  6. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    My top, seat, windows , etc work perfectly and I am out of town so can't check what your asking about but I've never had an issue.

I am wondering per chance, is your seat reclined in such a way that the bsck is not allowing the seat back to move forward enough to allow the top to clear? If the seat pots are doing their job and your seat back is still in the way, maybe it's reclined?

7. dailo

dailo Karting

Apr 25, 2013
    #7 dailo, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes exactly. My roof will contact the striker if the passenger seat is reclined to the maximum allowed.

I am just curious why the factory only put the striker on the passenger seat, was it for this reason in case you could not reach over to adjust the recline?

Have a look at the attachment.

Cheers!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Weekend warrior

Dec 9, 2016
    Weymouth MA
    Full Name:
    Robert DiStasio
    the striker is to prevent damage to the leather on the passenger seat. they dont put 1 on the drivers side as they assume you would be sitting in the seat and stop the roof before you had an issue. if somebody knows where i might purchase this striker i would be grateful as mine is broken and i just reupholstered the seats with an updated diamond stitch pattern. By the way, seat positioning can be adjusted by unclipping the 3 wire pigtail under the seat. this will disable the seat positioning sensor. be aware that if you adjust the seats too far in either direction, you will disable your convertible top.