Hmmmm....Opinions? | FerrariChat

Hmmmm....Opinions?

Discussion in '348/355' started by bosshog8, Jul 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bosshog8

bosshog8 Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2011
    Pinelands NJ
    Full Name:
    Demetrius
  2. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
  3. bosshog8

bosshog8 Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2011
    Pinelands NJ
    Full Name:
    Demetrius
    That's entirely possible but they were willing to take my money today on their website. Of course it wouldn't be the first time something on the internet was not what it seemed...lol

4. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    You might check the archives for a thread that I believe was started by Nodoubt, where he disassembled the code on an unnamed brand of aftermarket 348 chip and found almost no difference from stock. No idea if it's the same chip-- there's a good chance it isn't, but maybe Nodoubt could confirm or deny?

If you choose to pursue it please let us know what you find. I was under the impression these guys were out of business, and I'm highly skeptical of their claims, but I'd love to be wrong because it'd be cheap power if it works.

Edit-- Here's the thread I referenced: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355-sponsored-bradan/150962-hyper-technical-348-performance-chip-programming-review.html

5. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    I'm not a big fan of 'chipping' on our cars ... the factory program is solid, works well under varied operating conditions and has a degree of safety margin to protect the engine ..... there are plenty of other places to obtain performance gains ..... ;)