348 Fan Power Supply Module | FerrariChat

348 Fan Power Supply Module

Discussion in '348/355' started by FlyingHaggisRacing, Jul 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    My friend's 348 is showing E7

So the answer seems to be a replacement #63307200 being needed.
    But this part is not available.

Does anyone know of a solution ?

2. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #2 348Jeff, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The 355 uses the sanme one so you can widen your search.

Its a Fiat/Lancia part but I never managed to find a new one so bought a 2nd hand one.

Just one word of caution, although its the same part no there on hee first one I gt there was only 2 pins instead of 3 so sent t back and got a replacement.

Let us know if you find an alternative! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  4. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I was told Lancia Dedra and possibly Thema use this too. I can't confirm that. Not very common cars though so may be hard to find. Ive looked briefly fairly recently as I suspected mine was faulty. It was a wiring terminal fault so didn't need it in the end anyway . I failed to find one when looking though. Good luck with that.

5. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Unplug the connector behind the control module and plug it back in again just to be sure the code is real. I've found most error codes in the HVAC system are hooey.

6. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    #6 m.stojanovic, Jul 24, 2015
    Hi Angus,

You only mentioned the code but not whether the blower fan is working or not or whether the fan speed can still be varied manually. You can do a simple test of the fan module (variable speed controller): unplug only the small connector from the controller, switch the ignition on and bring some +1.5 or +3 volt to pin 6 as shown on the diagram below (you can use a small battery, negative to the car ground, positive to the pin 6 or some other suitable source of less than 5 V). If the blower fan works (about 30% speed at 1.5V, 70% at 3V, full speed at 5V), then the controller is good.

Cheers, Micky.

7. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi Micky

I haven't been able to test it directly.

But apparantly the F dealership, installed some rotatary swtich and the wires passed back through the glove box into the front trunk. This hack, saw the fan blower work.

So the fan power controller is probably ok ?

So it's the a/c computer box output thats playing up ?

8. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ahem! LOL

The purpose of the power unit is to give the varying fan speeds and if I understand correctly one or more of the resistors inside fails leading to the fault.

Try setting your fan to a low speed - if I run mine at no more than 4 bars it will happily run all day but once I go over that it will play up after about an hour of continuous use.

9. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    #9 m.stojanovic, Jul 28, 2015
    Hi Angus,

The installed rotary switch you mentioned (if it is for the fan speed control) means that the fan control has been modified to the simple system with resistors. The original variable fan speed controller is, in that case, disconnected but probably left in place. My 348 had exactly the same modification when I bought it. I removed the rotary switch and the resistors and reinstated the function of the original variable speed controller which was still good.

The simple block diagram below shows the original fan speed control which, unfortunately, is not stand-alone in the A/C ECU but integrated within the large chips so it cannot be repaired separately. What I did was, after removing all electronics from my (failed) ECU, built the fan control as a stand-alone circuit using the original push buttons and the original power unit at the evaporator box. The original power unit (variable speed controller) does not have any power resistors inside it but a power transistor which controls the fan speed. The digital potentiometer and the bar display driver are easy to build, each uses just one small chip and a few resistors.

10. Cauf61

Cauf61 Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2016
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    #10 Cauf61, Jun 25, 2017
  11. fdekeu

fdekeu Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2008