1996 GTS DOME LIGHT ALLWAYS ON. HELP | FerrariChat

1996 GTS DOME LIGHT ALLWAYS ON. HELP

Discussion in '348/355' started by J.S., Jan 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J.S.

J.S. Rookie

Jul 3, 2013
    Hello all, today i noticed after charging my battery that the interior dome light is now allways on. I had to use the battery kill switch to turn it off. Has anyone encountered this? Can anyone help?

2. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    The lens is a rocking switch. Make sure it's level (off)
    It pries out from the sides.

3. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    Door switches?

Reminds me of when I first got my car and I couldn't get the parking lights to turn off. Took me a couple of hours to figure out there was a switch on the dash!

4. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Like Bruce said the light itself has three positions. Always on, always off, and on with doors open. Rock it to the different positions to figure out which pisition is which.

If its not this there is also a button on the center console for the Dom light and one for the park lights. So if you ever find that one or the other won't turn off check the console buttons first. 99.99999 % of th time this is the problem. There is. Post on it every couple of months from guys who recently got their car and even guys who have had their car for years and never knew. Anyway that's most likely what it will be.

5. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    +1

6. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    +2

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Does the button on the centre console turn off? I recently replaced the switch plate and the backing plate on my car and, depending on how I positioned the backing plate and tightened the screws, one of the switches wouldn't turn off.

8. J.S.

J.S. Rookie

Jul 3, 2013
    Yes Qavion it was the switch on the center console i must have hit it accientally

9. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    HHAHAHAHAHAHA I just had this issue. I was behind a black car and I had my headlights on so I was like, let me turn the fog lights on to see if they are working.... hmmmm not working... .hahahaah I was pushing the dome light button. It was a sunny day here which is rare so I didn't notice. Then later I was like WTF is wrong with my dome light and went on here to find out how to pull the light until I could figure out what was going on.

Thanks FCHAT
    +9000