Insured value | FerrariChat

Insured value

Discussion in '348/355' started by buddyg, Feb 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Just renewed my policy for the next year and I have an insured value of $85,000. Car gets totaled I get $85,000. My car is a 1997 F355 spider, Red/Tan in decent condition but far from perfect with 45,000 miles. Does this seem to be a good number?

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I would say yes.

3. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Ok with who, and how much is it as we have one of the most expensive insurance laws.

Stupid PIP bs

4. hercfe

hercfe Karting

Apr 21, 2015
    Northeast US
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I have my 94' 348 Spider at $80k agreed upon value with Grundy. They have been great. My Ferrari, Porsche, and Jag combined are way cheaper than my daily driver, Suburban.

5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    American Modern and it's $1500 for the year

6. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I hate michigans no fault insurance, oh and the birthday tax went up, so my licence plate tags will be over $500 this year just for the Ferrari.

7. c7matt

c7matt Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2016
    Greater Detroit, MI
    a few more years and you can get historic plates, $35 for 10 years, my insurance is around 30/ month...A huge reason I bought a 348.

8. jebones

jebones Karting

May 13, 2015
    NEOhio
    Does your policy limit the mile per year? I have historic plates for my 348 and my rate is similar to yours but agent tells me I'm limited to 2K mile/year.

9. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I had my '95 spyder appraised for insurance about 6 months ago. Your number is ballpark.

10. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Yes it does or at least limits usage, no daily tasks like driving to work or.dinner or.shopping.

Only cruising, and to.from car shows, I don't like the restrictions associated with historic plates and most agreed value policies. They dont want you to drive it ever.

11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think that is a fair price.

12. c7matt

c7matt Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2016
    Greater Detroit, MI
    No mileage limit. Their definition below (state farm). Usage is restricted mileage is not-I take a care on power tour every year and its never a problem. 3000 miles in a week.

Classic Automobile: A motor vehicle ten or more years old, which is rare or of special historical interest because of exceptionally fine workmanship or limited production. A classic motor vehicle 25 years old or older is covered as an antique.
    Antique Automobile: A motor vehicle 25 or more years old.
    And here are some important conditions for classic car insurance eligibility:

Your antique or classic car must be used on a very limited basis, such as exhibitions, club activities, and parades or similar events.
    You need to have restored, maintained, or preserved your antique or classic car.

13. c7matt

c7matt Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2016
    Greater Detroit, MI
    Thats not really true. You just cant use it for routine transportation, you can take it to dinner. And in August, historic plate usage is now unrestricted.

14. c7matt

c7matt Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2016
    Greater Detroit, MI
    #14 c7matt, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Conden Skelly

3 ferraris 2k a year good stated value insurance

16. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

$900 for the Lotus and a bit over $800 for the Mercedes, $500 for the Jeep. Registering vehicles here in Vegas sucks my wallet dry yearly. We tried to spread them out so they aren't all due at the same time.

17. c7matt

c7matt Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2016
    Greater Detroit, MI
    Must be nice. Michigan makes them all due on your birthday.

18. JSBMD

JSBMD Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    The OC
    Full Name:
    John
    What's the deal with August in MI?

19. c7matt

c7matt Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2016
    Greater Detroit, MI
    Several years ago the sheriffs department decided to ticket cars cruising on Woodward for the dream cruise. It was illegal, but created an uproar. The smart politicians (really) decided to fix the issue by changing the law as you see it because dream cruise is in August, and as a bonus its a good month to have unlimited use of your classic.

That being said, of my 13 years using the plates I have never had an issue and I drive my cars all the time.

20. JSBMD

JSBMD Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    The OC
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Matt, makes sense

21. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    SoCal, is that for all 3 or each? I'm with Condon Skelly too and added value to my policy when I got the 360 to replace the 348 that the other driver totaled ;) . 2K is about what I pay for $125K agreed value (room for appreciation)