Just purchased high mileage 348 | FerrariChat

Just purchased high mileage 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by vdettore, Mar 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    This is my first Ferrari, a 348 ts. Previous owner had it 14 years. It has 94k on the odometer, which is more miles than I could find anyone having posted. I have about $39k in receipts since new. Maybe a few are missing. Last major service was 12,000 miles and 7 years ago so I'll be putting it in the shop very soon. The car has a clean fax and the previous owner seemed very attached to the car so I hope its as well an example with this amount of miles as can be expected.
    I'm curious if there are any other high mileage 348's out there and any advise. The car drives great (tracks straight, engine runs strong, A/C blows cold and all gauges work. No check engine light(s)) only issue I've found is oil leak around front of engine. I'll get that fixed with the service.
    I paid $24k which I feel was a fair price with the miles and I don't mind spending the money to make it right. I plan on putting many more miles on it including some track days possibly. Well that's my story and how I ended up here. I'm thrilled to finally own a Ferrari.

Samir Goncalves likes this.
  2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What part of the world are you in? A lot of great 348 knowledge her in Southern California. This must have been the car featured in the "lowest priced Ferrari" article that was being circulated last week. Good luck on the purchase and with the car. My 328 has 70K on her and runs strong.

3. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I'm in Georgia. Thanks, I look forward to posting the outcome of my service. Glad to hear your 328 is still running strong.

4. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Post pictures.. congratulations

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Great story. Eagar to hear how this works out. Sounds like fun.

6. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Sweet! Congrats again.

7. R&D

R&D Karting

Mar 16, 2015
    USA
    Full Name:
    Kris
    Ah so you bought the car that was featured on Autotrader Oversteer last week. Congrats! Nice to see these driven a lot of miles. My buddy's 348 spider has 125,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. Seems the trick with these cars is to drive them often. Make sure they get a good heat cycle in every week or so if possible. Keep us posted on your ownership experience!

8. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
  9. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Congrats

You got a great car and at a fabulous price. enjoy it and drive it.

10. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    congrats.. at that price I don't think you could have gone wrong.. even if you have to drop 10k on the major +misc things..

looks as clean as any lower mileage 348.. and the seats match nice too.

11. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
  12. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    This is awesome! Great autotrader article- best of luck with your new car vdettore- get her serviced/belt change and then drive her in good health! At this price point and without the worry of buying some $200K+ ferrari and then "loosing value" by putting miles on it, this should be a truly enjoyable car for you! You can drive it, experience it and use it like a proper sports car the way Ferrari's were meant to be used (even if many unfortunately aren't used that way) The car looks great!

13. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Nice car, good luck! I like the 63 t-bird as well :)

14. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Nice buy! Has to be worth more in parts so you can't go wrong there. Nicest condition $24k Ferrari I've ever seen.

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You both took the words right out of my mouth.

16. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Thanks all for the nice comments. Yes driving it is the plan. And as Andrew911 mentioned I don't have to worry about devaluing it by racking up miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Oh, wow. That looks like a great deal!

Is that your Miata in the background? As a Miata owner who hopes to buy a Ferrari soon, I'd be interested to know if you still drive the Miata after having a Ferrari around.

18. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Miata is for rainy days :D

19. hercfe

hercfe Karting

Apr 21, 2015
    Northeast US
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Congrats! I wouldn't worry about the mileage, just the MX records. I've been told by a very knowledgeable Ferrari Tech (over 25 years with a dealership) that these motors don't really break-in till 90-100k, and some Challenge guys use to bench run their's to hit that mark, with the obvious MX intervals being completed. So, I say have fun and drive it!!! Just keep up with the scheduled MX...

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats that thing looks incredibly clean for 94,000 miles!

21. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Congratulations and welcome to the 348 Brotherhood.

I have 86,000 miles on my 348, and drove it across the country a couple of years ago. Highest milage 348 I can remember hearing of had something like 115K miles on the clock.

22. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats! Your car belonged to airbarton, a longtime member here. He has sorted many items over the years. I bet it runs well.

23. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince

Yes, I can tell you he enjoyed the car. It made my decision easy seeing how well he had taken care of it.

24. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince

I actually sold the Miata a week after buying the 348. It was a fun car but needed the space. Hope you get your Ferrari soon.