355 F1 Relay Part Numbers | FerrariChat

355 F1 Relay Part Numbers

Discussion in '348/355' started by tres55, Apr 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    So it looks like my relay started acting up and fried my 360 pump. Just wanted to create a new thread for increased visibility with information all in one post for others with issues in the future.

For those of you that haven't upgraded your relays, I highly recommend doing so before it fails and over-runs your pump and leaves you stranded.

Original 355F1 Relay: SIEMENS / Tyco V23134-B57-X203
    Updated Relay with increased Longevity: Tyco V23134-B57-X152
    Further improved version: SIEMENS 8366646 / Tyco V23134-B57-X266

The X266 is the "BMW Orange ABS Relay" and I found it at my local dealership for about $35 USD. The dealer didn't recognize the Tyco part number but the 8366646 part number comes up in the BMW parts system.

Also, for those of you with 360 F1 pump upgrade, the Magneti Marelli part number of the pump is BM.0085647.B. I just had one express shipped from the UK for about $270 USD equivalent, shipping included. Significantly cheaper than buying one that is advertised as a pump for a Ferrari. :)

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Bumping this thread.

I upgraded my relay about 5 years ago.
    Yesterday I noticed something strange that I don’t know if it’s related.

Drove car three weeks ago.
    Two days later, checked fluid level cold
    Fluid level was way low
    Topped up to correct level cold
    Three weeks later, canister overflowing !

Once primed during my drive three weeks ago, System obviously didn’t return fluid to canister in the usual amount of time (over night). Rather, held onto fluid for extended period of time making me think the level was low.

Anyone else experience this ?
    And I am aware of the factory method for measuring the level while system is primed.
    In 5 years of ownership I’ve never experienced this.

Entire clutch system gone through and replaced a year ago.

I don’t hear pump running either. No leaks.

3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Something similar happened to me but I can't remember what it was. I was alarmed that the fluid level was low but there were no leaks...so I topped it up cold as well, sure enough a few drives later it was spewing fluid out of the lids overflow hole.

The only thing I could think of was the fluid expanded after the long drive on a hot summer day. Left me puzzled but the car ran fine otherwise.

4. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks. It’s weird, but I’m sure not a issue. Just be less OCD and quit looking at it.

5. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Unlikely it is electrical. It would need to cycle the pump to keep the pressure up and that would kill the battery (and you would here it)

Pretty sure nothing else is really controlled electrically on the hydraulic pressure side.

6. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks Watson. Maybe after my complete overhaul of the F1 clutch system, it’s super duper sealed up and holds pressure indefinitely.

7. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    I have to look, but is there a check valve in the system between the tank and the pump?

If there is, and they put in a new one, it would do exactly as you described...and I may need to do the same.

8. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    All that was changed was everything to do with the clutch. Clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, F1 Sensor and related seals.

WATSON likes this.
  9. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM