Bought 2 F355 Spyders! | FerrariChat

Bought 2 F355 Spyders!

Discussion in '348/355' started by ejf2461, Jun 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ejf2461

ejf2461 Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    #1 ejf2461, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    About 3 weeks ago I got a call from a friend who asked if I was interested in a pair of F355 Spyders. I didn't have a lot of time to think about and it the price was amazing. I told my buddy I was in and before he had left the estate sale I had the Green 355 Sold. The other was a Grey w/tan & black interior. The car finally arrived today. It has fairly low miles 26k and is a 3 pedal. Now the not so great. The previous owner installed some Ghetto Stereo and I am having to jump start it every time I drive it. I wasn't aware the 355 came with a factory alarm. I had already called the stereo shop to have the 3 foot long JL Audio 500/5 Amplifier that is just laying in the front boot on the floor removed. Also the is an Aftermarket Alpine 1.5 Din Stereo in the Dash and a custom tan leather wrapped speaker box with 2 Focal 6.5" Woofers behind the headrests. Bad part other than the car not starting is there is no sound coming from the head unit. I wanted the stereo shop to remove the alarm..when I thought it was an aftermarket and the entire aftermarket part of the stereo system. The stereo componets are very good quality but are older. I figured a 2017 Alpine or Kenwood Head Unit with Bluetooth and run the factory speakers off the power from the head unit. Is it possible to put an aftermarket keyless entry with an alarm/or not an alarm? Also I have tan carpet, door panels & center console but my seats are black..Anyone seen that before? Also will the Ferrari Gods kill me if I had new black carpet & mats installed instead of the factory tan stuff.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Neat. Looks pretty clean from those angles. For the carpet I would just throw some fresh black mats on the floor and call it a day. That will blend it in.

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  4. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Interesting spec on the interior. I agree. Get black floor mats and it will probably look fine.

The "alarm" etc is the factory immobilizer system. Difficult to disable and best to live with and get the correct keys, fobs , pins etc. Lots for you to learn on that topic.

The stereo on these cars is mostly an afterthought for many. Check to see if whoever installed the amp didn't run the ground direct to the battery. The car has a battery switch in the front bonnet and any ground to the battery needs to go to the downstream post on that switch and not to the battery post.

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  6. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #7 Dave rocks, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    :)

8. ejf2461

ejf2461 Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

[​IMG]

I wouldn't sign up to be a detective just yet wise guy! If you ever bought anything at an estate sale that happened to be part of a trust you would know a dealer has to complete the transaction l!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    But are these the 2 cars or not? At least we have good pics to look at ( in case of the verde one that is)

10. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Congrats on the purchase. I like the color combo on the gray car. Never seen it that way. I agree on adding black mats. Did that in my 328 and it was as perfect.

Robb

11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #11 johnk..., Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    There are enough scammers around to make it appropriate to raise the question. Wouldn't be the first time.

Good luck with the car.

But what of the Green car? Is the one I posted the one?

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    For sure. My initial thought about the first post was that it's a thinly disguised sales pitch by a non-subscriber. ;)

13. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
  14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    He has contacted me about refinishing the parts and is asking the normal detailed questions. I don't think someone who does not own the car would do that.....??

15. ejf2461

ejf2461 Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Thanks Dave. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    You said "I had the Green 355 Sold" - you sold it or your friend sold it (to someone else)?

From your second statement, it looks like you bought only one, the gray.

And your topic is "Bought 2 F355 Spyders". It was probably this contradiction that made some members suspect that something was wrong. Perhaps you should have written it clearer.

Congratulations on your purchase, looks great in gray.

17. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    355s are a good buy for sure. Need any help with mechanicals, let me know.

18. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Those look like late 348 seats not F355 seats...

19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'm not going to judge someone based on business dealing that are 6 to 11 years in the past. There are always disgruntled people/customers around.

I see this as lack of clarity in the OP original post and the facts that I just happen to see the two cars I posted links for on Cargurus the day before. Strange coincidence. I'm still not clear on the green car; if it's the one I posted or not, but I it seems that maybe he bought the green and flipped it almost immediately? Frankly, I would have kept the green. Vede Silverstone looks good on a 355, if that was indeed the color. OP, care to comment?

Anyway, as I said to the OP in my 2nd post, good luck with the car. It seems it will be somewhat of a project. That annotation "hard to start" would put me off a bit, but it could be nothing.

20. ejf2461

ejf2461 Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    To clarify things a bit, I was never suppose to see either Ferrari ever. As banks pay less than 1% on the money we park there I have went other directions in investing my hard earned money. 1 of those ways is I am a Financial Factor (Backer) for people who attend auctions & estate sales. The people have credit limits and terms but from time to time I get a call asking to raise or modify those terms which is what took place here. The green 355, and I never saw it, must have been much cleaner because it sold immediately. The Grey one was also verbally sold and I am sure once they end buyer saw the vehicle he backed out. That is when I became involved. It was my money being used so I get the good and the bad when the money is not repaid in the terms (15 days in this case). So when I saw post what about the green one..I never saw it and until the grey one was dropped at my home yesterday I had never seen it either or knew about either on websites for sale. I am a car lover like most people on here but when people post negative, personal things about you for the entire world that is not cool or kind. Some had made a comment that the vehicle was still for sale and that is why I posted the proof of delivery with my name and personal address. I did not ever think it was going to turn into people googling my name and home address and then making negative post. I regret posting anything now and just thought I was reaching out to have questions answered by other 355 owners willing to share their knowledge and experience. Even though I do not have much invested in the remaining grey car I will make all the necessary repairs and give it the TLC the previous owner did not. GOD Bless & Best Wishes.

21. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Some free advice about the 355 brotherhood:

1. This is a tough love kinda place. Throwing BS around here is frowned upon and the people here will hunt down BS like stink on poo. Don't do it.

2. Posting you bought "2 spiders" is a sketchy thread title based on what happened. If you bought two spiders, we wanted pictures of both. Truth is it appears you owned two for 90 seconds while a deal cleared on one of them. People here called BS...refer to my first paragraph

3. This is a tight group. Reputations are earned. Early posters will feel they are being picked on or challenged. They are. We have too many posers and you will get grilled. Play nice, be honest and your reputation will allow you to gather fantastic information from the experienced folks on this site. There are many.

3a: Be ******, brag about cars you don't have and post things that are "kinda" true and you will get sent to pasture in short order.

There ya go...some free advice...carry on.

22. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Amen. OP used a catchy thread title, misspelling the name of the carS he supposedly bought. This is too tedious to follow and, as the Shark Tank team says "and for that reason, I'm out."

23. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Me. Too. Im out.

24. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Not everyone is internet savvy and born with a forum spoon in their mouth. Yes, I also don't totally understand this thread but how about giving the OP a break and benefit of the doubt for a bit?