Back from Shop | FerrariChat

Back from Shop

Discussion in '348/355' started by Boaf 32, Jun 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boaf 32

Boaf 32 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2016
    US
    Fellow SF's

Picked up my 1999 355 F1 Spider. Replaced clutch, installed used flywheel, new correct size Pirelli's, New Axel Boot, brake fluid flush, new bypass valve, throw out bearing, motor mounts, triple seals and repaired leaky actuator.

As you have read, had some troubles with this car (http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355-sponsored-bradan/548055-transmission-wont-shift-all-f1.html)

First off, the shifts in Sport mode click off fantastic. When in comfort mode, I could never tell the difference between the two. Now, Wholly crap! That's what I'm enjoying. The shifting is amazing and the sound with the new bypass, FANTASTICO.

The only concern, at highway speeds, I sometimes feel a shutter in the drive line (on and off the throttle). I am contacting the service center to ask. Always suspect of used parts. It might have been there before but I want to be sure. The last thing would be to have a vibration at high speeds in the drive line.

Just wanted to share the results.

Boaf

2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't see a big dif between my modes either, but the car runs fine. Do you know what made the Sport mode improve? I might want to look into that. Thanks.

3. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    If its working properly and shifting at over 8000 it will spin tires going into second gear.

4. Boaf 32

Boaf 32 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2016
    US
    The shifting improved, I believe because I had a bit of an hydraulic leak. It would take 8 - 10 flashes to prime the F1. Now, I turn the key and Vundaba, maybe 1 or 2. My technician shower me the leak, not huge but enough.

I did take open the door while the car was in gear and running to put the top up. It went into neutral as it should but at the next light, received the Paddle Shift indicator warning twice. Drove on, shut the car off after reaching destination. 2 hours later, started the car and all was back to normal.

Boaf

5. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    First thing I would try for the vibration is to have them rebalance the wheels. They don't always get it right the first time around.

6. Boaf 32

Boaf 32 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2016
    US
    Yep 97, it smoothed out after 80, not that I go over that :)

Definitely will have them check it out.

Boaf