348 spyder review | FerrariChat

348 spyder review

Discussion in '348/355' started by angelis, Aug 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #1 angelis, Aug 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Can't say I agree with his comments about the coupe version.

"Rather ordinary looking sports car" my ass!!!!!!!!!

3. The Don

The Don Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    Max speed 160? Should be slightly more.

4. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow, very interesting. I don't know about you guys, but after having driven several convertibles from multiple manufacturers (BMW, MB, Ford, yes I had a '99 Mustang GT convertible) and to be honest, I've found my spider to be practically devoid of the common shudder convertibles are afflicted with. I've been completely amazed at how the dashboard and steering column/wheel don't seem to budge.

I was also amazed at how pleasant the cockpit is when the top down and cruising at highway speeds. Even with the windows down, you can still carry on a conversation, well, that is as long as you aren't above about 5500 rpms, but that is a different story all together!

:)

5. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Did they actually drive it or just read the prototype Ferrari spider specs from a fax?

I ask because the 348 Spiders shipped with a 7800 RPM redline, not 7500 RPMs as the article claimed, had 3 different bhp ratings (310bhp for early U.S., 312bhp for later U.S., and 320bhp for Europe via the Challenge exhaust cam setting), a 171mph top speed, a quiet cockpit, no wind even with the top down, etc.