The Great 348 Brotherhood Poll (348 Primer) | FerrariChat

The Great 348 Brotherhood Poll (348 Primer)

Discussion in '348/355' started by No Doubt, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Is the 348 New Owner's Primer ready for Prime Time?!

1. Yes. The 348 data is accurate and well organized and ready for prime time.

2. No. The data is accurate, but not well presented/organized.

3. No. The data is inaccurate (but the organization and presentment is OK).

4. No. The data isn't accurate and the style/organization is NOT ready for prime time.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #1 No Doubt, Dec 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've been working on a 348 Primer for the Brotherhood, and I'd like your input.

Originally, my goal was to "brainstorm" the available 348 knowledge in some vast data-mining effort...with the understanding that organizing the data (and culling the good from the mythological) would come later.

And that's where you come in. If you've had a chance to recently review the latest edition http://webpages.charter.net/aircover/348/1994Ferrari348Spider.html of the 348 New Owner's Primer, then please give your honest feedback on this FerrariChat poll.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Also, this is a secret ballot poll so that no one has to worry about their vote being held against them!

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I voted "acurate but not well presented".

I only voted that because I can tell it's a work in progress.

Over all it's a very good idea and it will get there. It still needs a bit more organising, but it is better than before.

Keep up the good work. The Brotherhood will benefit from it.

4. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    I voted ready for prime time. I think all the data provided and the dedication to detail that went into the production of the page over steps the presentation. I think the presentation is more than sufficient. Your page helped me TREMENDOUSLY when I was searching and going over a few different 348's till i bought the one i did. You get free rides ANY TIME you want.

Im glad you made this thread... Im glad I got a chance to tell the creator of that page you are a God send to 348 owners/future owners.

THANK YOU!!!!

5. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Nice 348 picture :)

6. Samy

Samy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2005
    Much good informations. But make the page framed. With sections not all on one. Frames are very easy to do send me a message if you dont know how.

7. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

Doh! Credit for your photo and great car goes out in the next update. Sorry about that.

8. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    That's the internet for you :) You completely misread the intent of my post :) There's nothing for you apologise for.

I was in no way having a go at you, just acknowledging that I liked your use of the pic. Honest :)

(To clarify, I'm pleased you used that pic.)

9. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
  10. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    I voted Ready for primetime!

This site is great for anyone interested in the 348, too bad it wasn't around when I sourced my car...
    Anyway, great job!

and it feels good to be part of a brotherhood, maybe we should have a secret handshake too? :D

11. Protrim

Protrim Rookie

Jan 17, 2006
    How do I download the workshop manual on 290mb from the site? I just can't find a place where the file is located.

12. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    lots of informations...but not always easy to find...
    soo i voted (2)
    But still a great work, really appreciated :)

13. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

It is not a free item, and must usually be purchased. I suggest our site sponsor: http://www.************.com/ If Jack doesn't have it, I'm sure he can point you in the proper direction.

14. flix24

flix24 Rookie

Aug 7, 2006
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Hi
    Thanks for the really great page! You must have put a lot of effort and time in it.
    I have tried to download the workshop manual (the 3 parts). Part one and two are fine, but unfortunately part 3 is 'This file has expired due to inactivity.'
    Could someone please put it up there again and update the link? Or could someone send it to me?
    Thanks a lot and Forza Ferrari!
    Felix

15. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    #15 VTChris, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I like the way it is. The first part gives an outline and quicklink to each part of the site. I have used it for reference probably a dozen times. Thanks!
    BT

17. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I really like the Primer, but a couple of changes I would make would be:

1) Set it up as multiple pages with a "home" page that links to the others, instead of one long page. Create a link on each of the sub-pages to go back to "home".

2) Create a single page with part numbers for all of the little stuff, like fuel filters, spark plugs, etc, that don't have to be purchased through Ferrari. I see a lot of part numbers on the page, but they are scattered aroud quite a bit, although they are listed alongside info that pertains to them. Keep the numbers listed with the how-to's, but create a seperate page for quick reference where they are also listed.

All in all, No Doubt, I commend you for the time and effort you have put into the Primer! I find it to be invaluable info.

18. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I voted for the second option - first off, this is a fantastic resource page that I have used on several occasions to help me pre-purchase and sort out some minor issues post-purchase. In my opinion this is the perfect resource for the owner that wants to be involved with and understand their car, but may choose to leave major work to the pros. This resource fills the gap for the occasional DIYer.

In the spirit of constructive advice:

1) The page takes a while to download, even over broadband. As mentioned before, breaking it into smaller chunks (either with frames or a dedicated navigation element) would be a usability improvement.

2) Get a dedicated URL so it is not a directory contained within charter.net - in my mind that really makes it a "prime time" web site. It would probably also improve cataloging by the search engines.

3) Whenever copyright allows, post the information that is currently linked so as to avoid "dead link" syndrome if the linked resources expire.

4) Add a form to the site so people can contribute directly (perhaps the form posts to your email so you can verify before adding the new info to the site rather than the current link that comes to this thread). Something Wiki-like with more admin control since it is your site, not really a community driven piece like Wiki-pedia.

5) You can never have too many images when describing procedures - the more the better. Perhaps actively solicit them within each section of the web site so as each user benefits and performs their own procedures they can share their pictures back with the site.

All in all an excellent job and a benefit to the brotherhood. Thanks ND!

19. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    FYI: I'm taking the 348 Primer down for a bit.

An older version is still up at "the348.com" until I decide which way to go with the updates.

20. tamf328

tamf328 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    that page is great. The more stuff every one can submit the better.
    once the layout is complete it's going to be excellent!

want to see something cool, check out this
    under the DYI section... I use to own a 993. this page rocks too.

http://p-car.com/

21. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
  22. hadley

hadley Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2006
    lake forest ca usa
    Full Name:
    hadley mcgaughey
    Two items. Was about to contribute to the the upkeep of the site, but noticed something about charter.net. Is that OK? Don't know if I do PayPal. Checks or VISA?

The Vol. 3 of the workshop manual isn't available at the MegaLoads site. Wanna find out where those $%^&* lamp fuses are.

Thanks again for the service.

23. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    The donate mechanism doesn't work any longer, and it was just on there to track interest anyway (I've refused all of the donations sent in via PayPal so far).

24. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways