Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 348/355

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Philippe Dorier
My Garage
Question 348 ts Speciale market

Any of you guys has any idea of the current price range for a 348 ts Speciale in reasonably good but not exceptional condition?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Greg B
to give you a reference point I paid $57k last month for one in exceptional condition with 8,000 miles and recent service.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg512tr View Post
to give you a reference point I paid $57k last month for one in exceptional condition with 8,000 miles and recent service.
That's pretty darn good for the seller, considering the market in general has taken a hit the last few years...I recall prices being discussed at $35k-$40k which in my opinion is utterly ridiculous.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by prd575 View Post
Any of you guys has any idea of the current price range for a 348 ts Speciale in reasonably good but not exceptional condition?
Year? Mileage? CF or normal seats? Recent belt service?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

I ve been in the market for 1.5 years looking for a 348 355 and finally I bought one. I have never ever seen a low mile 348 for 35k. They are either destroyed, re painted , no records, VGA , look all f up from every angle. You pay for what you get really. So when I did see a very low mile 348 with everything in place in was gone within a week or 2. I missed 3 of them like this , so I know they really did sell. They all sold mid 40s range with no services on them.

So I am not sure what a speciale has more than a tb ts but if its a 93-94 they are usually 5-10 more in the asking price if everything is right on the car. Under 15 k miles is low mileage and red tan , not yellow or black those cars sit for a long time.

I inspected more than 6 cars in the last year in your 30s range , and they were junk. Torn seats etc etc. everything you can imagine. So saying you can pick up a mint 348 at 30 is not a good representation of the market at this point.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Excellent and recent reference point. Thank you.
This one has 17K needs a belt service and I would also have to spend some money on the leather and stiicky stuff inside.
On the plus side, has the CF seats and Tubis.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMaster View Post
That's pretty darn good for the seller, considering the market in general has taken a hit the last few years...I recall prices being discussed at $35k-$40k which in my opinion is utterly ridiculous.
No way.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Excellent and recent reference point. Thank you.
This one has 17K needs a belt service and I would also have to spend some money on the leather and stiicky stuff inside.
On the plus side, has the CF seats and Tubis.
I had a feeling that was the car that you were talking about. Anyway, you'd definitely have to the sticky interior parts thing addressed pronto, else you won't enjoy driving the car. Every time you inadvertently touch the melting goo it'll get on your hands, then your clothes or on that nice crema leather. Ask me how I know. Anyway, it's a DIY job (several threads on this board about it) or Sticky No More can hook you up. Not really a big deal but not zero cost either.

The leather can typically be repaired and redyed surprisingly inexpensively. Some have even done this DIY as well with the Leatherique products.

Others might disagree with me but their ask of nearly $50k for a SS that needs a major and not otherwise exceptional is on the high end - though not out of the ballpark given that the car does have the CF seats, which probably adds $2-$3k to the car's value. If you like the car and a PPI gives good feedback, you could even offer a bit above the ask but have them throw in a major, including Hill Engineering tensioner bearings. Fwiw, their mechanic is absolutely top notch and has a great reputation, as does the seller himself.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Greg B
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMaster View Post
That's pretty darn good for the seller, considering the market in general has taken a hit the last few years....
Yes, I do think it is the high end of the market but it is an extremely nice car. CF seats. The SS added a premium compared with a regular 348 which I was willing to pay for which may or may not be worth it depending on one's perspective.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jerome
My Garage
I think the 348 SS is on its way up. Since I purchased mine I have been contacted TWICE to sell it at a 10k premium. She will be on the lawn at Cavallino this year
Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by malex View Post
I had a feeling that was the car that you were talking about. Anyway, you'd definitely have to the sticky interior parts thing addressed pronto, else you won't enjoy driving the car. Every time you inadvertently touch the melting goo it'll get on your hands, then your clothes or on that nice crema leather. Ask me how I know. Anyway, it's a DIY job (several threads on this board about it) or Sticky No More can hook you up. Not really a big deal but not zero cost either.

The leather can typically be repaired and redyed surprisingly inexpensively. Some have even done this DIY as well with the Leatherique products.

Others might disagree with me but their ask of nearly $50k for a SS that needs a major and not otherwise exceptional is on the high end - though not out of the ballpark given that the car does have the CF seats, which probably adds $2-$3k to the car's value. If you like the car and a PPI gives good feedback, you could even offer a bit above the ask but have them throw in a major, including Hill Engineering tensioner bearings. Fwiw, their mechanic is absolutely top notch and has a great reputation, as does the seller himself.
Thanks a bunch to all of you. This very valuable and I will probably go ahead with a firm offer.
I have absolute confidence in the seller. He already made me a very happy owner of a gorgeous 575.
ferrarioldman is also a fantastic mechanic, I agree.
I am lucky to have both of them in my backyard.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTNNYC View Post
I think the 348 SS is on its way up. Since I purchased mine I have been contacted TWICE to sell it at a 10k premium. She will be on the lawn at Cavallino this year
Thank you.
Would you mind sharing pictures, mileage and other details about the car? F40 seats?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Yes, I do think it is the high end of the market but it is an extremely nice car. CF seats. The SS added a premium compared with a regular 348 which I was willing to pay for which may or may not be worth it depending on one's perspective.
I completely agree, and I too would pay a premium to have a mint model...I am happy to see that the price was in the 50s (I own # 79 of 100), maybe they are gaining momentum to get the value back up to where it belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTNNYC View Post
see my post above
Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Smile Done deal!

The deal is done guys!
Thank you very much for all your help and advice.
Will post some pictures in a few days.
When I am done with it, this one will be a stunner!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
The deal is done guys!
Congrats!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Quote:
The deal is done guys!
Congratulations and welcome - looking forward to the pics.

What # is it?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
The deal is done guys!
Congrats Philippe! Were you able to get Steve to ante up for a major, or least meet you in the middle. Look forward to seeing some pics, particularly after you give the ol' girl some TLC.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Philippe, Glad you got the one you wanted! Pics or link!?!

Regarding prices: I did plenty of looking, and eventually spent more than anticipated for my SS (bought last August) but in the end, I didn't feel like I overpaid, I just realized that I had unrealistic expectations for what I was going to pay to get a clean example. I kept hoping to find a clean, low mile SS with the carbon seats for less than $40K and it never happened. Opened up the wallet a bit further and suddenly the world is full of excellent examples!

I broke #40 out of the garage tonight for a little trip for the first time in a month and fell in love again.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: LUKE
My Garage
I love the 348 SS. Can't wait to see pictures.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Formula Junior
Sponsor

Full Name: M. Brandon Motorcars
Congratulations, can't wait to see pictures.

I'm in the market for a 348 SS myself. I have my eye on one; just need to decide whether to pull the trigger. Needs a major, though, but the price takes that into account.