f430 launch control | FerrariChat

f430 launch control

Discussion in '360/430' started by rolltheyo, Jan 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rolltheyo

rolltheyo Rookie

Dec 24, 2008
    #1 rolltheyo, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
    I ask a question about launch control in another thread and was told it was country specific. I have a 07 430 and was wondering if this is something that can be added by ferrari. I watched the video with the yellow 430 and it looked like a lot of fun using it. Any help would be appreciated.
    I usually just lurk but this seems to be the place to get all the answers.

Thanks
    Joe

2. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    No, there is no way Ferrari will provide a mechanism for LC in the 430 here in US.Supposedly,reason is insurance liability concerns. Furthermore, a few vigorous launch control starts will fry the clutch. I have launch control on my CS and never have nor will use it.The 430 is plenty fast and not a drag racer!

3. rolltheyo

rolltheyo Rookie

Dec 24, 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

4. kumbayah

kumbayah Karting

Jul 3, 2006

Pretty mush similar story to the Nissan GTR issue...
    Nissan's removing the LC option for their next round of GTR production due to liability issues.

5. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    SE NC
    Full Name:
    Captain Slow
    "Liability" is a code word for "I don't understand the law so I won't do it because I'd rather be scared than learn the law, even though Lambo has launch control on the Gallardo."

Would somebody show me some court cases where launch control was any factor whatsoever? There's got to be some other reason that Ferrari is being a baby about this.

6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Silly that it's removed for liability reasons. My daily driver bmw 540 has a traction control defeat switch- I had to defeat it to get up my snowy/icey driveway the other day- if I exit my driveway crooked and hit my mailbox, can I sue BMW becuase the switch was on there? Ha!