Becker Aux/iPod cable | FerrariChat

Becker Aux/iPod cable

Discussion in '360/430' started by djastral69, Mar 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    #1 djastral69, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If there's anyone interested I have a Becker Aux/iPod cable for the 360 and 430. The cable is about two months old. It's a direct plug in for the Becker stereo(s) and you're ready to go with any iPod. I just put a full system in and no longer need it.

I bought it directly from Becker:

http://www.beckerautosound.com/parts/cable_part_number.html

The cable cost $99.00 plus shipping. If there's anyone interested PM me. I'll take $75 for it.

Thanks,
    D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bkaran3000

bkaran3000 Rookie

May 4, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    B Karan
    I take it David, PM you...

Thanks,

3. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Double check on the newer AD2P pods/phones.....IIRC the 3.x firmware does not push audio unless AD2P is disabled.

4. bkaran3000

bkaran3000 Rookie

May 4, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    B Karan
    I didn't know that you could connect Iphone to our factory system... I thought only the Ipod

5. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Depends on the pin config on the dongle/connector/whatever you want to call it that plugs into the bottom of the pod/phone and the generation/sw version of your apple device.

I run a becker cable that terminates to a 3mm stereo plug which then plugs into a dock adapter that plugs into the bottom of my iphone/ipod, it does NOT charge however.

I will tell you that Apple continually changes what works and what doesn't...

6. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
  7. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #7 wahoowa, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    Careful....this device is designed to support changes in the CHARGING pin outs.....A/V functionality may or may not be corrected. The AD2P addition in 3.x makes things challenging. One vehicle (non Fcar) allows me to disable AD2P in the head unit thereby allowing full A/V from my pod/phone. In the Fcar, I needed a dongle adapter that specifically addressed the issue.

Vic, do you have this adapter and does it allow audio to pass?

8. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Yes, I have been using it for two months in my 360 and it works perfectly. All you do is unplug the cd changer plug and replace it with this interface cable, that's it! Nothing else is needed. I was done in ten minutes including running the cable under the console to the change tray behind the accessory lid. Thats it!

Any Takers?

9. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    David, specifically what Apple product did you successfully connect? My guess would be a hard drive based iPod or Gen 1 iPhone or iTouch.

Not trying to be a D bag, just want to make sure who ever buys it is happy :) Missed car audio expectations are a PITA!

10. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    I used a 5th Gen 160gb iPod classic. I contacted Becker audio and they said it'll work with Any ipod ie: Nano, classic, iTouch and iPhone. It will Not work with the shuffle.

'D

11. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Hmmm - From their website:

Not clear if that means 2nd generation iTouch/iPhones (what is a 2nd gen iPhone?) or all of 'em? - Badly worded at best if what you say is true (and I'm sure it is btw!)

If it works with the iPhone, does an incoming call ring thru' the cars speakers? How about once you've answered? [Kind of a poor mans hands free system?]

Cheers,
    Ian

12. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    I had talked to a gentleman at Beckeraudio on the phone.

13. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    My apologies if my comment appeared to question you - That certainly wasn't my intention.

I'd like to know what happens when the phone rings when connected thru' this cable?

Cheers,
    Ian

14. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    No worries Ian.

SOLD: Thanks Bakaran!

15. Apple Sauce

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I'm using mine in a 430 Scuderia.
    No problem in charging or playing audio thru with my iPhone 3GS.
    The only thing that is frustrates me on the part of Ferrari is, why the <blank> didn't they give the user enough <blanking> cable length?! On the Scud the cable is tucked into side pocket the passenger side next to the extinguisher. The cable length is so damn short that I struggle to make the connection, it's connector is 3" below the top of the pocket.

—Vic

16. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #16 wahoowa, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
    If the dongle's compatibility is such that audio passes (music plays), when the phone rings the music will fade and you'll receive the incoming side of the phone call...no transmit. It's really only useful for checking voicemail. That's what mine does anyway. If you HAVE to talk on the phone, better to use a good BT headset.....preferably a really blingy one :D

This cable (the one being sold) will not pass audio with the latest iTouch or a 3G/s running 3.x software. UNLESS (just added) you use the adapter Vic identified.

17. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #17 wahoowa, Mar 4, 2010
    Vic, are you using the adapter or straight in (no mods)? Maybe the Scud Becker (and or cable) has been tweaked to work with the 3Gs (are you running 3.x)?

18. Apple Sauce

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #18 Apple Sauce, Mar 4, 2010
    I'm using the latest latest 3.1.3 iPhone/Touch version for my 3G, and the adapter straight in, no other mods
    The Scud has an integrated bluetooth handsfree as part of the Becker package.
    I think the audio pass-thru on the cable vs the BT are independent when connected to the cable.

In case anyone knows:
    Unfortunately, the address book on the iPhone won't dump to the Becker and I don't know of anyone that has been successful making it work with the iPhone, even though it says in the manual it is capable. This may simply be a case of the wrong BT profile for address data transfer, and Becker and Ferrari not paying close enough attention to the details. I'm wonder though, if the Becker can be update thru a software update at the dealer. That's a topic for another thread, but just putting out there in case someone has made the thing work.

One quick little trick I use for a poor man's hands-free is to just set up the call on the phone first, and either place the iphone upside-down in my shirt pocket (mic and speaker are on the bottom) or tuck it into the visor of my car. The shirt idea will work regardless of car (depending on ambient noise) but the visor idea I've NOT tried this in the Scuderia or my ex-360. I use this trick often in rental cars, which works great most of the time.

&#8212;Vic

19. lpspeedster

lpspeedster Rookie

Dec 23, 2009
    GTA
    Pics or details of the new system? :)