430 6MT market price thread | FerrariChat

430 6MT market price thread

Discussion in '360/430' started by howl, Sep 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Any interest in starting a thread. Would be interesting to see the trend. On a practical level, as these are rare birds, could be helpful for setting agreed value on insurance. I think key items are:

B or Spider:
    Date of sale:
    Color:
    Mileage:
    CCB:
    Condition: (poor, good, excellent/like new)
    CPO:
    Average options or well optioned:
    Price before tax:

Average would be a few things like mine - full leather (headliner,shelf) carbon driving zone, fire extinguisher, Daytona seats. Full would be virtually every on checked.

So for mine

B or Spider: B
    Date of sale: June 2014
    Color: grey
    Mileage: 7200
    CCB:yes
    Condition:excellent
    CPO: yes
    Average options or well optioned: average
    Price: 140 + 5 for CPO = 145

Others, particularly newer purchases/sales care to add? If interest, moderator make this a sticky?

2. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I think you are in the ballpark!

3. George in NH

George in NH Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2013
    -Coupe
    -Bought January 2014
    -Silverstone
    -12,000 miles
    -CCB: yes
    -Condition: excellent
    -CPO: no
    -Average options
    -Price: $125,000

4. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    You should also include model year and interior color IMO.

5. George in NH

George in NH Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2013
    Ha! I forgot! Mine is an '07. Came with a Cuoio interior....which is sitting on shelves in my office waiting for someone to see my for sale ad and buy it :)

6. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom

Agree. That is important info. So mine is Cuoio and 2007. Info suggested is now:

B or Spider:
    Date of sale:
    Color:
    Mileage:
    CCB:
    Condition: (poor, good, excellent/like new)
    CPO:
    Average options or well optioned:
    Price before tax:
    Model year:
    Interior color:

7. bigmacsmallfries

Aug 31, 2015
    Guys, the values have gone up ~40-80k in the last 12 months.

A car with under 2000 miles just sold for 250k this week. The red '08 Spyder. Anyone here buy it?

There's three more: one for 225k, one for 190k, and the other for 184k.

8. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You sure it actually sold for 250k? That car was listed at that price for months. There was also a red/tan spider listed for 169k by Blackhorse motors for about two months that finally sold.

For what it's worth, a perfect red/tan spider was listed for 149k in June and I spoke with the sales manager and he offered it for 147k. I regret not buying that one. It sold very quickly.

9. bobinnj

bobinnj Rookie

Jun 20, 2015

+1 No sale for months on eBay at $200. No sale at recent Monterey auction at $200. Would like to know what it actually went for.

10. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    What people list for and what they actually sell for are two totally different things.

11. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes, I agree. Hoping someone with knowledge of the sales price (buyer/seller/someone with specific knowledge) posts. Easy enough to get asking prices without a thread.

Bigmacsmallfries - yes, I believe market is up maybe 30-40K over the past 12 months (have been privately tracking sales prices where I can get data). I thought a thread here one could see the trend would help buyers and sellers, as well as those attempting to set AV with their insurance co.

I know a red one went in a private sale about a month ago and a yellow one from Ferrari of Washington sold at the same time. Hoping buyer or seller for those post as well as the red Canada car that was advertised maybe a month ago as well.

12. bigmacsmallfries

Aug 31, 2015

Guys, just took delivery of an F430 spyder 6 speed manual!! I will post up in a separate thread my car and introduce myself tomorrow evening hopefully. Glad to be apart of Ferrarichat and to get the last mid-engined manual Ferrari. I'm keeping this forever, so that's one less car that will never go back to market for 10+ years in the North American market. I also have a 997.2 GT3 RS that this complements and goes great with. I never intend to sell that car either for many decades --that's the plan at least.

I'll post a response to the appreciation of the manuals tomorrow as well, just tied up this weekend. In short-- the longer you wait the more you will pay. This isn't a bubble and I'll explain the logic behind that in another post. Glad to join you guys!!!

13. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Congrats. Look forward to hearing more. Great cars. Will never make another. End of a breed.

14. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

There is a 2005 LHD car advertised here in the UK for £109k - been on for a while.
    It's not with an authorised dealer.

15. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    i have a 430 spider manual and a 997.2 gt3rs also. i also have a 997.2 turbo manual. simple logic: modern classics that i like more than the current models

16. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

sigh, sunroofed 3-pedal Modenas are too few to start a thread

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Good for you - Enjoy :)

18. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  19. smyers528

smyers528 Rookie

May 6, 2015
    San Francisco
    Ive been looking for the right car for over a year, prices just keep going up and up......

20. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
  21. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I haven't heard any negative comments so far on my F430 6sp manual in the for sale section. Have I priced it, fairly?

Thanks.

22. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    I bought a 2008 430 spider 6 sp with 4400 miles, last year for 156k. I thought I was paying a lot, but really wanted a 6 sp. the color was Grigio alloy with Tan interior, which Really caught my eye....I wasn't really looking for one and stumbled on the ad on F chat, late one night, ... Called the owner in the morning and bought it, .... He had 12 other people call him in the next 2 days. I just happened to be the first.....

I guess the moral of the story is, if you find a 6 sp and like the color... Act fast ... Prices have gone up since I bought mine, but they will probably keep doing that anyway.

23. bigmacsmallfries

Aug 31, 2015
    There's only four for sale in the US and Canada. I think you're free to price it as you wish in line with the other cars. Just keep in mind the values are going up from here, so no matter what you price it at someone will buy it one day eventually. Just depends how quickly you want to sell it. ;)

24. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You car for sale is priced right IMO. Yours is a no nonsense car that a serious driver would have spec'd from the beginning so you will have to wait for a serious driver to happen across your ad. Not flashy red and not a lot of carbon fiber parts on it so those flashy things are what attract most buyers IMO.

Truth be told Ferraris are so over the top styling wise that I prefer the non red ones myself and so will the next owner of your car. I think your wheels are ball polished and that is the best finish for aluminum IMO. It's what aluminum is supposed to look like IMO, either that or brushed! I'll bet it would have sold already if it had the carbon fiber dash pieces and once people realize that they can add these in for 2K the car will sell! If your car is the only one in the market I bet you could add the carbon fiber parts and jack up the price 10K but I see that you have already moved on. This will also appeal to a serious buyer as you are progressing up the food chain which is a good sell IMO.

Good luck!

25. ArmenVanquishS

ArmenVanquishS Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2014
    Paris, France
    I would have put it a bit higher, like $10k more but at this price it's good to sell fast.
    She's a real Beauty and I really hope you'll find a great buyer for this car !
    Good luck :)