458 Carbon Fiber Sport Seats | FerrariChat

458 Carbon Fiber Sport Seats

Discussion in '360/430' started by cfensty, Nov 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    #1 cfensty, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well guys I think I may pull the trigger on some seats for my 360. Has anyone in the US ever purchased from Eurospares? They see reputable and Claudio has been very helpful. I also received some help form Skidkid who has mounted 458 sport seats in his 360 Spider and they look fantastic.

I am going out on a limb a bit since I am going with red in a black interior but I have changed all of the aluminum out for carbon fiber so I am hoping that all of my existing CF and the CF in the seats bring the interior together. I actually think the red will look great since my car is grigio titano with red calipers.

I have attached a couple of pics. I think these will work in my 360 since they are smooth leather without the stitch lines that make the 458 sport seats look so modern/edgy. I will post more pics when I receive them and get them installed down the line.

Thanks in advance for the input on Eurospares.------C
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I have had good luck with eurospares, but only purchased a couple of parts from them. Lovely seats but will they fit? I really like them, surprised there is no Ferrari insignia or cavallino rampante which is on my 360 cf's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    #3 Skidkid, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Stunning, and very modern looking, almost looks like should be Peter Parker's 360. ( mean that in a good way).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Those seats look great!
    Do you need to get seat rails also?

6. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Skidkid gave me some info (thanks again) on how to mount using the factory 458 rails that are on them. There is a Cavallino on the headrest if you look really closely.

I think the factory daytonas look nice but I can't fit comfortably in the car with them so I'm really looking forward to this project!

7. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wow! What a great upgrade.

8. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Wow those look great!!

9. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I am stunned by how good those seats look. Who would have thought? They look like they were installed there by the factory 10+ years ago.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    And just in case you guys aren't aware of this, the 458 seats are identical to the 430 Scuderia seats with the difference just being the upholstery.

11. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hawt!

Did not, but suspected from the pictures - thanks.

12. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Payment sent to Eurospares and the seats should ship tomorrow! Thinking of recovering the door armrests in same leather to bring it all together. Anyone know where I can source a piece of red leather to match the 458 seat leather?

13. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Seats look Awesome! I've always wanted those seats. How much did it cost?

14. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Let's just say considerably less than CF 360 sport seats went for recently ($10k) and these are practically new. I truly believe it was bc of the color since there are some of these on eBay for like $15k right now!

15. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Nice! well worth it! Congrats...let me know if you decide to sell :D

16. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Fantastic project . The sport seats transform the interior I'm terms of appearance but more importantly the car feels more spacious because you set lower and the backs are thinner so there is all of the sudden more room in front of you. IMHO especially great for spiders if you are jn the tall side.

I even find them more comfortable.. But I think some would disagree.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

17. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
  18. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    They've arrived and boy are they beautiful. The best part however was when I sat in them. Now I know what people meant by sitting in seats versus sitting on seats! They are large and I am 6'2" about 240 lbs and they fit like a glove.

19. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Wow that was quick. They look great! Can't wait to see them installed. Congrats!

20. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Can't wait to see pics in the car

21. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Please let us know what it takes to make them fit. I have the F430 carbon race seats (same as CS) in my 360 but I am thinking of putting 458 seats in my 550 Maranello.

22. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Will do. I am tied up through next week so I'm hoping to tackle this over Thanksgiving. Cheers.

23. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    #23 cfensty, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    So I pulled the driver's seat today and ran into several roadblocks. To be expected though since there really isn't a DIY right up anywhere for this.

First I found that the seatbelt receptacle is wired into one plug along with the power for the power seat motors.
    [​IMG]
    Once I fished the plugs out from the 360 seat I removed the red wire that provides hot power to the motors since it is not used for the seatbelt receptacle. Then the only wire that needed to be cut and soldered was the black ground wire. Now the factory 360 seatbelt receptacle can be reused on the 458 seat.[​IMG]
    Here is what the seat cavity looks like once the seat was removed.
    [​IMG]

24. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    The second part of the seat belt receptacle issue is the mounting point.

The 360 seat mounting point had a built in bushing that the receptacle mount slid over.
    [​IMG]
    The 458 seat does not have this.
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to have to find some washers that will fit the receptacle mount to serve as a bushing/spacer to keep it from sliding around. This is crucial since it's a safety issue.

The strap portion of the seatbelt has a removable bushing that can be reused and will bolt right to the 458 seat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    #25 cfensty, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    The next hurdle is the seat mounting points themselves. The 360 seat and 458 seat have very different mounts, particularly in the front.

This is the 360 (bent down)
    [​IMG]

This is the 458 (flat with spacing blocks)
    [​IMG]

The width is also off by about a half inch. The 360 holes and rails are about 16 inches apart but the 458 measures about 15.5 inches.

In order to do this safely, I have ordered some Sparco seat brackets that are made for the 360. They fit the stock mounting points in the 360 and have multiple universal mounting points on top. I may lose some of the drop I was looking for but at least it will be safe.