Another new Scud owner | FerrariChat

Another new Scud owner

Discussion in '360/430' started by fcars, Feb 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fcars

fcars Karting

May 10, 2014
    So Cal
    #1 fcars, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I saw everyone else getting in on the Scud action and just couldn't resist. Now my family, friends and girlfriend think I'm crazy for spending so much money on cars. Yes I'm overdoing it but unless they are into cars and have driven a Scud they just don't understand :D

It's quite simply the best car I've ever driven or been in. If I fall on hard times and have to start selling assets I'll sell everything else before the Scud. I wouldn't care if I had to downgrade from my house to a 1 bedroom apartment in a dingy town. The Scud is just that good and I don't want to ever let it go.

My advice to anyone who is thinking about the Scud: DO IT!!! You won't be let down. If you are into raw and focused F cars then you will love it. Even if you're a manual transmission guy or gal and not sure if you're going to like F1 still do it. I'm definitely a manual guy myself and get really bored with paddle shift cars. But I just don't think I'll ever get bored with this car. There are paddle shift cars and then there are SuperFast II cars... Now I see why 599 GTO owners love their cars so much.

I know Scuds have gone up in value recently so they seem expensive to some. I definitely wish I had bought one a year ago and saved money. But IMO they are still great value. The Scuderia is kind of like a mid-engine 599 GTO with 4 cylinders lopped off. The Scud is still really great value for what you get.

I need to take better pics later but here is one from my long drive home last night from northern to southern California.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Congratulation to this fantastic car.
    Enjoy it and yes - Scud forever!

3. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Nice! More pics please!!! I need to post some of mine as well.

4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Congrats! Wow, hope I get to see this bad boy out on a drive soon!

Was this the one for sale at a F dealer in the San Jose area with about 22k miles?

5. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    #5 koop, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Fantastic car and perfectly optioned. I saw it listed online and was wondering when someone would grab it.

The scud just never gets old. It's the only paddle car that doesn't make you long for a manual. Like you, I'm planning to keep mine as long as possible.

6. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Congratulations!! I feel the same way about the scud. I find it hard to see myself in the future without it. I've had mine for 7 years now and I love it more than ever before. Always puts a smile on my face.

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Welcome to the wolf pack!

8. fcars

fcars Karting

May 10, 2014
    So Cal
    #8 fcars, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you all for the kind words!

Freshmeat - thank you, it feels great to be part of the wolf pack :D

ScudF1 - wow that's awesome that you've had yours for 7 years. What a good purchase that turned out to be. I wish I could go back in time and tell 30 year old me to skip the Carrera and the M3s and go straight to the Scud.

Koop - you're so right about the F1. I wish more cars that were paddle shift only had transmissions like this. I love manuals but sometimes get a bit fatigued due to a prior injury to my left knee. It's really great to find a paddle shift car that is engaging. I find this transmission to be both more engaging and somehow smoother than the DCT in my prior E90 M3. The SF II seems like the best of both worlds as it has a dual personality and can be smooth or violent.

Sandy Eggo - thank you! Yes this was the car up north with about 22K miles. I'll let you know if I drive it down to San Diego county. And let me know if you drive yours up to OC.

RWP137 - thank you for the info you shared with me when you got your car. When I saw how happy you were with your purchase and got your feedback on how the car felt on public roads it made me feel confident about the decision to get one. I attached another pic from yesterday. Please do attach some of yours!

Redcaruser - thanks man. I hope you get to drive your car sometimes in the winter. Conditions must not be great for it in Switzerland right now. I wouldn't be confident enough in my driving skills to drive a Scud during your winters, haha
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats - you will have a grin on your face for a long time!

10. fcars

fcars Karting

May 10, 2014
    So Cal
    Thank you! Yeah I'm still grinning from the drive yesterday.

The only problem now is that I don't know how I'm going to get work done to be able to afford to keep this thing. It's been a real struggle to stay in the office all day today. I keep wanting to go home to get the car and get out on some twisties.

I need to find a way to retire early so I can drive the car for at least a couple hours a day.

11. smdzucladoc

smdzucladoc Karting

Nov 18, 2015
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Herman
    Congrats. I just pick up mine on 1/28 and it has been more than a blast driving it. Im in san diego and i know another new scud owner in so cal which is like 3 in a fee weeks. Will be taking it up to LA for the Enzo drivein at petersen hope to see you there

12. fcars

fcars Karting

May 10, 2014
    So Cal
    Awesome! So Cal Scud owners are growing in numbers! I'll hit you up if I'm able to make it to the Peterson

Cheers

13. ph12

ph12 Karting

Jun 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Nice if you are in LA i'm always up for a drive

14. IcedAmericano

IcedAmericano Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2013
    SoCal.
    Love the red brakes - welcome to the ScudClub! :)

15. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Congrats...2009 Scud under $200K is definitely a super deal!

16. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Under 200k. Wow. Good for you. You weren't fooled by the 10k mile stigma. Your win. Give it 3-5 yrs and let's see what it's worth then. Until you've driven a scud you don't know how special it is. Scudtastic

17. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    In MIA I see ferraris daily. I've seen only one scud in the last 2 years.

18. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    Welcome!
    Enjoy it at max

19. F430-Spider

F430-Spider Karting

Jul 30, 2013
    Congrats on owning one of the best Ferraris ever produced!

20. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Great shot. Car looks amazing! Congrats.

21. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Many congrats - nothing else comes close!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I've had mine for almost 8 years and 8,500 miles - just had a major service and CC's are only at 26% used, and transmission at 27% used - when I the first 4 years did a lot of tracking also.
    So don't get hung up about the myth that CC brakes don't last

23. fcars

fcars Karting

May 10, 2014
    So Cal
    Thank you all for the kind words.

IcedAmericano - thank you. What part of So Cal are you in? I'm in OC.

ph12 - thanks man. I do come to LA sometimes. I usually drive my F cars locally but I'll hit you up if I make plans to drive the Scud to LA.

Russell996 - thank you. I love your car btw. I nearly got one just like yours before the values sky rocketed. I had submitted my financials to the Ferrari dealership and had the financing approved but didn't even think to give them a deposit ahead of my trip. The dealership was in a different state and I was going to be there for a business trip and made an appointment to see the car right after my meeting was done. This was before 16Ms were popular so neither I or the dealer thought the car would sell before I got there since most 16Ms sat for 6 months or more before they sold. Another buyer came in the morning of the same day and bought the car! It was red with stripes and had less than 5000 miles on it for $215K. I kick myself so much for not giving them a deposit that week to lock the car up. I had even had a friend who lives local to the dealership check it out for me before my trip and he said it was literally like brand new.

jrodrig688 - yes I wasn't worried about the miles. I didn't want to spent an extra $100K to get a car with under 10,000 miles on it. The time to do that was 2 years ago. It's now very expensive to buy a low mileage car. And while I am confident that this car will appreciate in the long run it's not just an investment for me so I don't need it to be absolutely pristine and low mileage. I want to drive it a lot and it's stressful to drive a car like that because all you can think about it how you might get a scratch or dent. I actually would have considered the 50K mile yellow car in so cal if it wasn't for its prior history of being an exotic track day rental car. And that's interesting you don't see many Scuds in Miami. I don't often see them in So Cal but it seems like there are a lot of Scud owners here.

24. fcars

fcars Karting

May 10, 2014
    So Cal
    Love your garage! That's great news on the CC's and clutch wear. Man I LOVE the CC's so far. This is my first car with CC's and they're so great. The performance is amazing and the sound they make when you're slowing to a stop is cool. Overall they make the car feel a lot more exotic.

25. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    You know you can't go fast unless u can stop fast and you certainly can in your new car - My 612 has CCs also and they stop that big car fast - wish I could get CCs for my Maserati