420 top | FerrariChat

420 top

Discussion in '360/430' started by kurtflies12, May 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kurtflies12

kurtflies12 Karting

Aug 13, 2015
    Tx
    Really dumb question.
    I bought a 430 last year but have not had time to enjoy it much yet.
    I put the top down for the first time today and the MFD top icon stayed on after the top was down and seemed to be locked correctly in place. When i put it back up the icon went out. I did this twice with the same result.
    Is this normal or is there a micro switch that needs adjusting. or a latch?
    thx

2. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Try holding the button longer, even after the top is fully lowered and everything appears to be locked in place. The icon should go out. It's annoying, but it's just another small Ferrari idiosyncrasy. Fred

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Switch the car off and on a few times and let the top go through it's cycle a couple of times. It should alleviate the problem.

This goes for almost any unusual problem with the car in general. Let it go through it's check sequence each time before starting.

I tried to raise my top while moving once and it malfunctioned. I shut if off and restarted and went back through the up and down sequence and it fixed the problem.

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Just last weekend, I got an electrical error message with the 458. I tried the technique above and it fixed it.

5. kurtflies12

kurtflies12 Karting

Aug 13, 2015
    Tx
    I did try holding the button. You can hear the hydraulic pump running and after a few seconds it stops running but the icon is still on. I will try the switching on and off. But I did drive to the gas station and filling her up. So it was cycled at least once.