scuderia or 488 gtb? | FerrariChat

scuderia or 488 gtb?

Discussion in '360/430' started by leopoldo, Jun 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Hi guys my cousinis followed in love for my red + stripes scuderia . He is very undecided to buy a very low miles scud ( like mine ) or a new 488 gtb .He loves to own few miles car , the Fact is that in Italy a car like mine ( red+ stripes ) with very low miles cost around 240/250 k euros ( the same of a new 488 gtb ) . He is going to use the car only in The week end but He is very ,As i sayed ,undecided : He sayed i love the n/a engine and shape of the scud but i love also to own new cars ( not classical ) and He hates turbo engines... i told him... wait i will ask to my friends for a suggest! What do you think guys ??thanks in advance ( He will use the car only in The week end )

2. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Tell him to go for the Scud. It's just amazing but you already know that. Have him drive each one and then he'll know which one he wants.

3. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Tell him he has to learn to decide, such a vacillation is just horrible. ;)

4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Forza Scuderia!

5. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    488 is more a GT car although it is Fast with a capital F! Disregard the turbo discussion as it an amazing engine. Better for longer distances if that is a consideration. Scud likely to depreciate less and is a more raw mechanical experience. Probably getting harder to find a good one though. If he likes new cars and isn't troubled by depreciation I would go for the 488. If he wants one of the greatest road car experiences of all time look for a Scud.

6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    A 488 is with respect to all objective sports car parameters the 100% better car, a 488 is two (!!) generations newer. More power, more torque, light years faster with a much better handling and so on and so on...

If you are not able to find out the very special and unique soul of the Scud you have to buy the 488. Otherwise you will be very happy with your decision. Someone who isn't able to find this special soul by himself should't buy a Scud.

7. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Scud is not depreciating here in Europe , IT is rise every month , little but rise.

8. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    Depends on his use...

for a weekend car thats DRIVEN, scud.

for a fashion accessory date night car, 488

9. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    thanks guys , he has decide for The Scuderia

10. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Hopefully that's what he likes and not what was said here. Buy the one that moves you. Only you can decide that.

11. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Probably a good choice. If he changes his mind in a year, he can sell the Scud for what he paid (or more). Then he can pick up a slightly used 488 for a substantial discount compared to today's prices.

12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    good point