CS geo height and setup | FerrariChat

CS geo height and setup

Discussion in '360/430' started by Thrasher, Oct 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thrasher

Thrasher Formula Junior

May 26, 2012
    London UK
    #1 Thrasher, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Stradale owners: what height are you guys running and which setup?

I'm on original height 110/130mm and run Michelin Cup2...I want to lower the suspension to 105/125mm and therefore need to redo my geo - hence the above question

Can someone help with a nice track geo? Am running at Silverstone on Dec 3rd.

Also am I right that lower should give me less "roll" in the turns if any already.

Below what am currently running
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Your actually running a pretty good setup for fast road use already.

The only deviation I can see from factory setup is you seem to have taken on board the better -ve camber setup up front as used on the Scuderia. I.e. -2.0 degress vs -1.5 on the stock setup. This is good as the front can easily understeer when pushed harder and to help really sort this out requires pretty big changes beyond just geo.

My only personal preference is that I personally much prefer running zero toe at the front so the front end is more hyper alert and quicker to change direction than with the factory setting. The trade off is you may need to make a few micro corrections at high very speeds.

Going lower again is ofcourse possible but be careful with this as its relatively easy to bottom out if not careful. I wouldn't run lower than 100 front and 120 rear if you plan to still be able to pass speed humps and such on local roads... This is what I run and it just about works....

3. Thrasher

Thrasher Formula Junior

May 26, 2012
    London UK
    Trev so u reckon I could lower to 100/120 or 105/125 and te align as per above data?

Or do I need to mod everything as it's lower?

Am I right in thinking that lowering also removes some of the roll as the gravity center is lower?

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes, same setup as before, you could even (if you have enough shims) go with a bit more -ve camber, up from -2.0 to -2.5 degrees. The lower CoG will improve the turn in, its still higher than what challenge cars use. Without masses of setup lets just say you'll be good to go with this...

5. Thrasher

Thrasher Formula Junior

May 26, 2012
    London UK
    Thx Trev - amazing simple answer! Will go forward and let you know how she handles.

I will do Silverstone on Dec3, we have a few spots left if you fancy (£270)
    Details by PM, let me know and i can forward you the details

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Sounds like you'll have fun if its not snowing by then ...

My car will be tucked up into storage for the winter by the time December rolls by with wheels off and everything. The amount of salt they put on the roads by then and have you seen what that does to Aluminum chassis parts!? ....

7. Thrasher

Thrasher Formula Junior

May 26, 2012
    London UK

when we got to Spa this early May, we had snow on the track in the morning :) earth is warming up