430 spider as my first Ferrari... advise | FerrariChat

430 spider as my first Ferrari... advise

Discussion in '360/430' started by Afonsolaw, Dec 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Hello everyone I am posting this thread for a friend of mine who is considering purchasing a 430 spider and is having trouble logging on as a member . All input is appreciated . Thank you.

New member here and need some feedback on a F430 I am interested in.

2007 F430
    Red with tan interior
    16,995 miles
    Vin ZFFEW59A370154405

Paint and interior are flawless. It has aftermarket exhaust (fab speed)
    It also has what appears to be aftermarket wheels, and aftermarket carbon fiber air intake.

What will the aftermarket items due to value of car?
    What would a reasonable purchase price be for this vehicle?
    Is mileage considered low or high?

Does anyone know about the history of the car or prior owners ?
    Can experienced members chime in as to what is important to consider in purchasing a 2007 430 spider?
    What would you guys rate as most important as far as criteria when looking at a car?
    Mileage, year, previous owners, color combo, originality, options, maintenance history?
    Any other important items to consider? Any other advice would greatly be appreciated .

2. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    what price is that commanding?

i have a pristine 09 430 that i LOVE, but I am always looking at the higher mileage cars for something i could drive guilt free more often, something like that would be in the low 120-130k range i would imagine?

3. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Mileage is fine. Price 125-135k from what I see on the market. You should have stock wheels with the car and as much stock items as possible. I have aftermarket items on the car but I have all the originals

Do you have a link to the car for sale ?

4. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    From ad:
    "A true automotive masterpiece, this Ferrari can function on track-day or work-day, and will always get you to your destination very quick. This is your chance to own the very rare Ferrari 430. More information about the 2007 Ferrari 430: The Ferrari F430 is the latest in a long line of mid-engine, V8-powered Ferraris, and it provides quicker performance than the more expensive Ferrari models of just a few years ago. As has long been the case for Ferrari models, the 2007 F430 is likely to be purchased based on exclusivity, image, and the driving experience rather than comfort, features, or other practical reasons. Interesting features of this model are Ferrari exclusivity., Exotic shape and styling, and performance"

Let's summarize:
    "will always get you to your destination very quick"

What more to say!

5. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
  6. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Yes that's the car.

7. Bennett1209

Bennett1209 Rookie

Aug 29, 2016
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Make sure you speak with a sales rep on the floor at MMC and not from the guys up stairs specially Brandon, he called to set up an appointment with me to come see and test drive the car back in Sept. I get there and he says I cant test drive it and the price he told me on the phone was far difference from what I was told in person. A lot of bait and switch with the rep (Brandon) I dealt with from that dealer, its funny seeing this ad because the rep called me back in Oct telling me this ferrari was sold for $130k and tried to sell me a difference F430. That Ferrari however is mint, surprisingly its pretty quiet with that after market exhaust.

8. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Ok got it...watch out for Brandon from MMC- he's a sly one. Brandon you're on the internet for eternity now! Care (or dare) to defend yourself?

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Beautiful car, personally I wouldn't care about having the original exhaust as it is garbage. It would be nice to have original wheels but you can find them all over the place and they aren't too expensive.

10. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I love the red stitching and the yellow tachometer. Not a spider guy though.