F430 exhaust to a 360 | FerrariChat

F430 exhaust to a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by bart12, Jan 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    My first ferrari was a F430 and I still believe it is the best sounding stock exhaust in a ferrari.

Ive planned upgrading my 360 exhaust to a sport exhaust and can order it but it seems there are lot more used nice condition 43 exhaust on ebay.

I saw a couple of videos on Youtube where a 430 exhaust was installed in the 360.

Anybody has done it and would you mind give me some direction what parts to order.

Besides the sound, price consideration also is important that is why.

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
  3. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    I fitted the 430 OEM exh box on my car and I absolutely love it would not change it for anything. U wont look back mate. Enjoy

4. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    My friend and I install a modified F430 exhaust on his 360. Sounds great. If not mistaken, it is a challenge exhaust...

5. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Did you use the 360 outlet pipes or the 430?

Did the box or silencer fit exactly to the in and out pipes?

Can you show some pics?

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    It won't fit stock.. in the regular exhaust the inlet pipes from the cats go directly into the exhaust can. In the 430/Challenge exhaust they go into a "T" on the outlet exhaust pipes on either side.

7. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Just figured it. I still need to cut the outlet pipes on a 430. I cannot do it alone. I need a garage that is has done it. Seems easy but i dont know how to weld.

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If/when I do it I might use a sleeve and clamp or bring them and weld them as aldous did.

9. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I think clamping them would be easier. Thats what you do on bypasses in porsches. Just not sure about how this would affect the valves since the clamps are placed prevalved.

10. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hi i did this to my last 360 but i also cut and welded the 430 exhaust pipes but still did not get it close enough to use the exhaust mesh guards. I have another 360 now a spider and i have the 430 muffler on it way. If i left the 430 exhaust pipes the same way would they still fit in the opening. Anyone have a pic of that? Thanks

11. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Any CS exhaust will fit any 360 Modena coupe or spider without any modification.

12. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Great answer, but to the wrong question.

OP is seeking advice on a 430 exhaust.

13. Speedracer800

Speedracer800 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I love the sound of the challenge / f430 exhaust as well and I finally located a complete challenge system and just bought it. Looking forward to changing from my current Tubi exhaust, which also sounds great, but nothing beats the factory racing exhaust in my opinion.

Anyways.. Before locating the challenge exhaust I researched the idea of modifying the F430 pipes like is being discussed here. Voiceys website is an incredibly valuable resource without a doubt.

Now since I have a set of these genuine challenge pipes I've been toying with the idea of using them to build a fixture for modifying the stock f430 pipes. If someone did this, they could basically completely concert the very readily available oem f430 exhaust to a complete bolt on kit for the 360.

Do you guys think there's enough interest in this system to make it worth the time to do it? What do you think the sweet spot would be in terms of price to convert a set of f430 pipes less the cost of chosen tips.. There's lots of choices out there for tips with prices all over the place.

14. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I think its a great idea. CS exhaust are hard to find and becoming expensive. I was lucky i found a pair of CS exhaust tips by accident. I have them connected to a 430 muffler. Sounds great!

15. Speedracer800

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    #16 Speedracer800, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I started working on a little jig over the weekend. I've got a couple sets of F430 pipes I'll convert and then test fit using my car. I agree with you.. The CS exhaust are not readily available anymore and this would be a way of getting the next best thing.. For considerably less money. I'll keep you posted.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's interesting - it looks like the 360 pipes a larger diameter than the F430, unless it's a trick of the eye?

17. Speedracer800

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL

On top is the unmodified F430 pipes(tips) and the other is an unmodified 360 CS. The CS primary pipe (no valve) is a bit larger diameter.

18. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes, thanks - it looks like both pipes are larger.

19. Speedracer800

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    #20 Speedracer800, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm making some progress on the conversion of the F430 pipes and I'm hoping to get some opinions regarding the type of tips I should use.

I'm torn between some pretty trick looking carbon fiber encased tips or more of a traditional polished stainless. Also can't decide on a slight angle cut or a more "stock appearing" straight cut tip.

The modification is a bit more tricky (to do correctly) then I had anticipated originally. There are some bends in the F430 exhaust that need to get cut out to get the tips to land in the correct location in the bumper opening. Once I figured this out, it's starting to move along quicker. I'm basically just shortening up the 2 pipes and then welding everything back together using stainless sleeves to join the sections together. Should be test fitting this weekend and then I'll build a jig to allow me to replicate these perfectly.

I'll post some more photos of the finished product when I'm done.

20. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    a bit off topic but OP - why did you go from a 430 to 360? just curious, most people go other direction