Tire Pictures Please: Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone | FerrariChat

Tire Pictures Please: Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kruegmeister, Feb 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    So I officially have bought and paid for my F430, should be arriving Next Week.

It has Pirelli PZero Rosso on Front & BFGoodrich I think on the Back.
    The Pirellis Look Stock & the BFGoodrich Look like they were bought recently. I hate the Look of the BFGoodrich so I plan to Replace them as soon as the Weather Warms up.

I've read all the Tire Threads here and everywhere and it sounds like Michelin Pilot Super Sports are what I would want to go with, but I like the look of the Pirellis waaaay more than the BFGoodrich that were on the Rear, so I am looking for some Tire Pics on 430's as I don't want to pay for Michelin if I think it will make the Car look goofy like the BFGoodrichs do...

Thanks in Advance.

2. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    You're concerned what they look like? Hmmm.

Pirellis get hard as hockey pucks... go with the Michelin man.

3. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    +1 for Michelin

4. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Michelin

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5. Kruegmeister

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    I know... OCD...
    But if Potenzas or something else is close and looks better I'd prefer it.
    Not gonna track it, just gonna drive it occasionally, although in a spirited fashion :)
    I have Michelins on my 64 Corvette and Michelins Pilot Super Sports also came on my C7 2014 Vette which I'd drive more often in the summer. Both those ride nice, so I have an idea what I'm getting into...

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my F430 but I also really like Continental DW Extreme, which I have on my 360. They're worth looking at.

7. bupilot

bupilot Karting

May 3, 2016
    China Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    J Anderson
    I'm interested too especially Bridgestone's since I associate Ferrari with Bridgestone during the time the F430 was made. I'm also concerned with the looks too why wouldn't I be haha. Sure it must perform but once that box is checked I'm putting good looking/fitting tires on my beautiful Ferrari!

8. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Michelin cup tires look the best, but they don't make the appropriate size for the front wheels.

9. Kruegmeister

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
  10. opplock

opplock Rookie

Apr 13, 2016
    Johor Baru Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Trent Lee
    #10 opplock, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    I thought I'm the only one who's this crazy about how tires look on a car. Like you I'm very OCD when it comes to things like these and I've had tires on my car that I wasn't happy with before because of how they look and I've gone through great lengths to change them.

Anyways, I had to replace my P-zero's recently and gone about researching and asking around which tires I should get and I narrowed it down to 2 choices - P-zero and Michelin PSS. Everybody and his dog recommended PSS and I truly believe that it is a superior tire to the Pirelli...so I went for the PSS. But after mounting the tire onto my rear wheel, I did a side-by-side comparison and saw that the PSS' profile seems much thicker compared to the P-zero. The P-zero had more grooves that are spaced much closer together than the PSS and somehow that made the profile look a lot lower.

So I decided to switch to P-zero right there and then. I figured I don't push my car to the limit enough to justify a tire that I'd end up not liking to look at. It's not as if the P-zero is a bad tire - it really isn't. It's definitely good enough and it has an even better rating in the wet than the PSS according to tirerack if I recall correctly.

Edit to say here's the review: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=218

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Pun intended?

12. Kruegmeister

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    #12 Kruegmeister, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for that, I really think I'm going to like the P-Zero look best, still scouring the Internet for pics since the roads aren't always the best here in Michigan I want to be sure. Maybe I can line something up with my local tire guy.

Here is a pic of my Car at the Dealer Before with P-Zero's and the 2nd Pic with the tire he put on which is a brand new tire (Rear) that must go cause it just doesn't look right
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Hahaha. I would like to claim credit for being that witty but I have to confess that I have no idea what this talk is about the "looks" of the tires. They're all black right? And if you get them in the right size they're correct, right? So all of this discussion about the appearance of the tire is lost on me.

I was only making a recommendation on the quality of the tire and how it performs on the car.

14. Thrasher

Thrasher Formula Junior

May 26, 2012
    London UK
    Michelin Cups on my Stradale

15. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I replaced the original Bridgestone Potenzas REs with the same only because that's how the car was originally built. I like keeping it as it rolled out of Maranello.
    My 575 has Michelins PPS. I think both tires perform well.

16. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #16 DK308, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Forget the PZero. They are old and were not even good when they first cam out - like 13-15 years ago.

Here's some problems with the PZero

They crack
    They flatspot
    They get hard
    They're loud
    They provide sub-par grip
    They ride rough

Oh and be aware that these issues get substantially worse on a car that is not driven often. The current crappy quality of the PZero means it will be hard, flatspotted, out of round and cracked within a short time. The PZero Rosso is also not a commonly sold tyre these days. You may very well end up with a new old tyre that was made a few years ago.

Do you really want all that and more from a Chinese tyre, just because they may look slightly better than the Michelin?

What you can get now in OE size is the successor to the MPSS, the MPS4S. They look great and should perform on an absolutely stellar level.

No matter what, get those old tyres off it and don't mix tyres.

People here give you advice based on experience, good and bad. Do yourself a favor and listen.

17. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    This I don't understand. Why would you not upgrade when much better tyres are available? Even back then, the OE Bridgestones were only soso.

What is the Michelin PPS?

18. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'll be replacing my PSS with the MPS4S once they are out! Might even put them on my GT3 when my first set of cups are done.

19. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #19 freshmeat, Feb 20, 2017
  20. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    freshmeat: insane good looking!!!

what tiresize is that?

21. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    #21 fc2, Feb 20, 2017
    Michelin. As someone else said earlier, the Pirellis on my car turned to hard rubber and the Michelins turned my car back into the beast it was meant to be.

I'll go with Michelin each time I need to change tires... I only hope they make more of them as I had to wait 3 months (last year) for the Super Sports.

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    thanks, the fronts are 245/35 and rears are 325/30

23. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I like the PSS because they look very meaty on the rear wheels. I hate how the front tires look so thin, however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Jolt

Jolt Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2016
    Bend, OREGON
    Full Name:
    Jeronimo Meyers
    +1 Michelins

25. Kruegmeister

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    #25 Kruegmeister, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    The backs look kinda rounded, which may be the "Meaty" look compared to the fronts.
    But it sounds like Pirellis are total crap now so maybe the MPS4 is gonna be my best bet... I know they will for performance...
    Maybe Bridgestone Potenza RE050A or RE71R??? Any opinions on the look performance of those?