Fault Code: 1702 Engine Revolutions from Can | FerrariChat

Fault Code: 1702 Engine Revolutions from Can

Discussion in '360/430' started by Doctor_Robin, Feb 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doctor_Robin

Doctor_Robin Rookie

Jun 12, 2016
    Hi All,

I've a problem with my Ferrari 360 spider (1st version F1 gearbox). Sometimes (not everytime) in the AUTO mode, when I slow down, the transmission just hang on the 3rd gear and never shifting down - then the engine shuts down by itself leaving the gearbox on that 3rd gear. I need to restart the car and shift to N before start driving the car again.

I've checked with Lenonardo and it shows fault code 1702 on the TCU, and the description is about Engine Revolutions from Can. I'm not sure what does this mean? Has anyone been tackled with this problem before?

Any recommendation or advice on how to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. 348noob

348noob Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Singapore
    Hi,

I was wondering if you ever got a resolution to your transmission problem. I too have the following codes in my TCU, and was wondering if you found out what they were caused by.

1702 - Engine revolutions from CAN
    1704 - Engine revolution

3. Doctor_Robin

Doctor_Robin Rookie

Jun 12, 2016

Yes, I changed the RPM sensor for F1 Gearbox.

Flea7 likes this.
  4. 348noob

348noob Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Singapore
    Where is the RPM sensor located in the F1 gearbox, i'll try to look it up in the part diagrams, is there a part number that you could share.

Thanks!

5. 348noob

348noob Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Singapore
    There are two sensors on the gearbox:

DiagRef#28 182194 Angular speed sensor
    DiagRef#40 168729 Electromagnetic sensor

I am thinking it's the first one, however, would you be able to tell me which one is the sensor you changed?

Thanks!