I need help with some questions about repair | FerrariChat

I need help with some questions about repair

Discussion in '360/430' started by tvoismo, Feb 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    Hi guys,

Last year I bought a Ferrari 360 2000 from a dealership. They told me that the car would go to a authorized Ferrari dealership for a full repair of the car. Find every little thing there was and fix them before I would take over the car.

The clutch was changed + timingbelt and some other things. about $25 000 total. But after taking over the car from the repair shop the red warning light popped up after ten minutes with triangles under all wheels + slow down one hour later. I called the shop and they said that I could just have it for a week + before having to go offshore again since I had waited so long for the car to get finished. They would take a look at it then and see what was the problem. They found that the coils and a sensor had to be replaced and the SLOW DOWN sign was because the car had been parked for a loooong time.

But the thing is that the repair shop and the dealer came to have an argument because the dealer said that the whole car should be looked at and the repair shop ( authorized ) took that as a service + change the timing belt + clutch.

Now finally 8 month later the repair shop fixed the coils and sensor as well, but I think there can be a lot more hiding since the repair shop had to take the last repair ( coils and sensor ) on their cost.

I think they will say the car is 100% so they dont have to cover more cost of the car. ( Repair shop )

What should I ask the repair shop on what they have actually done/checked with the car, so I get it in writing.

What is crucial ?

I am so looking forward to getting the car 100% and use the summer driving :D

I only had i for 12 days last year.

Thank you so much for your input.

2. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    It's uncommon to get a warranty on a 17 year old car. If they have done the services and repairs and you receive the car back and it runs fine with no warnings, I think the shops and dealer have met their obligation.

3. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    here in Norway we have 2 year guaranty on used cars from dealership.

I want to know if the car is 100% and need to know what to ask for...

4. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    How much time is left on the 2 years?

The car needs to be driven to shake out any other issues. Nobody can predict the future of the car over the internet

It's not uncommon to get suspension service lights from a low battery (goes away after turning car off/on). If the battery died and it's needing to relearn ecu parameters the slow down is also not uncommon for 10-15 minutes of driving.